Top Cash ISAs Discussion Area

Former_MSE_Dan
Former_MSE_Dan Posts: 1,593 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
edited 14 June 2010 at 4:41PM in ISAs & tax-free savings

This thread is specifically to discuss the the

Top Mini Cash ISAs article

Which includes the new free ISA Savings Calculator tool.

To discuss or ask a question about this article: click reply

Former MSE team member

Comments

• Well, you should definitely check out Kazza's thread here. Between that thread and Martin's article on the main site (both of which are regularly updated), they should provide you with all the info you need.
  • COCO
    COCO Posts: 35 Forumite
    Sorry if this is the wrong area to ask this question, but do i need to change my ISA provider from Barclays Tax Beater to some other provider?
    Mark.:rolleyes:
  • greengrass
    greengrass Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Guys,
    Can anybody suggest the best fixed isa, I have 1000 to invest and want to leave it there for at least 5-6 years.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    greengrass wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Can anybody suggest the best fixed isa, I have 1000 to invest and want to leave it there for at least 5-6 years.
    Look here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=401374
  • thankyou for that, I have just looked and the leeds sounds the best with their 3 year fixed rate, would you suggest a fixed rate or do you think I am better going for variable?
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Depends what you think interest rates are going to do. Many feel that they have pretty much peaked now and may go down further in future. In that case you may be better off grabbing a fix now. If you feel that rates may rise again then you might be better off with a variable one.
  • Thank you for that advice, I will keep looking.
  • macvaio
    macvaio Posts: 8 Forumite
    Started a New Thread instead...
  • Hi there,

I just wanted to clarify something which I could never get my head around. So just to clarify you are allowed to have up to £3000 in a mini cash ISA per year. I currently have the maximum amount with ING Direct which has a high interest rate for 6 months which will bring me into the new financial year.

My question is; when you transfer your money - you are not closing your account and thus can transfer from bank to bank throughout the year (presuming no fees) without affecting your yearly limit and ensuring you are getting the best return?

Hope that makes sense!?

Many thanks,

Dave
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills