B&Q paint sale

B&Q have a massive paint sale at the moment, Crown colours of the world, 2.5l for £2.50, also savings on B&Q paints.
If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride then we'd see the day when nobody died.
ROCK IT DON'T STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's worth the prize is always worth the fight

Comments

• giddy-aunt
    giddy-aunt Posts: 85 Forumite
    I have just returned from B and Q. I went there last week about the paint offer and the employees did not know of such offer.
    I then emailed B and Q from the website and got a response....you have to get the EAN number of your chosen paint-lots of Crown colours of the world--take it to your local store-pay for it when ordering-then B and Q telephone you up when it has arrived in the store.
    This is not availible online and when you search for your local store, it states that it is out of stock.
    I have just ordered 8 tins,and still looking at what other paints I could do with.
    Great Buy!
  • Afitos
    Afitos Posts: 503 Forumite
    Hi Sorry I am probably being stupid but where do I get the number from?

When I order the paint in store will they know about the price?

Is it all crown paint?

Thanks so much for this we have two houses to paint!
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I bought two large tubs of B&Q emulsion yesterday for £9.99 but it wasnt on offer and didn't see any such offer at my store, wonder if this is nationwide offer

Thanks anyway
  • hi... just spoke to B&Q customer services the paint is deffo £2.50 and this is how you get it.. confirmed with CS £2.50 for 2.5 litres matt paint,
    Go to customer services/paint ordering department and get them to search 'Crown Matt - colours of the world' (guess it would help if you got a colour chart and pre-selected before) CS said they had a lot of colours, but as a guide and if B & Q are not playing then quote this number: EAN501031479922 it's from the range but will take them into the promotion, no limit on what you order but you need to pay with oder deliver at the moment is within the week for my area... great find OP thanks i know what my OH will be doing over easter:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :T
  • giddy-aunt
    Afitos wrote: »
    Hi Sorry I am probably being stupid but where do I get the number from?

When I order the paint in store will they know about the price?

Is it all crown paint?

Thanks so much for this we have two houses to paint!

Ok hi and what I did was
    press here
    You will notice a number under each of the paints. This is called an EAN number.
    Take the EAN number of the paint to the customer services-who will probable say,"wow thats cheap-Im going online tonight!"
    You need to double check that the price right. Mine was
    Order whatever you need
    It is all Crown colours of the world that are apparently discontinued-so get enough to do the job-AND MORE-for touchups..
    Originally the gal in B and Q said that these were £18.00.
    Hope this helps and the link works!!
  • This sale has stopped as I have just tried the link-
    I have ordered a few tins of paint-hope they telephone me soon from B and Q to say that they are in my local shop-ordered on 6th Feb-said it would take 7 days-Ill give them until Wednesday before I fone.
  • trishaa
    trishaa Posts: 147 Forumite
    what a shame, was a good offer
  • giddy-aunt
    Well its been 28 days since ordering this paint via online sale-was advised to go to customer services with the EAN number.
    Told it would be 7 days-then 14 days-then oh...yip 28 days delivery to your nominated store.
    OK I have more patience-just-so today the 28 day mark-so here I go and telephone my store with the the questions-WHERES MY PAINT?
    I have paid for this and you have had my money for a month.
    OH..UM....we will telephone you back now.
    They did. Crown have discontinued this paint...yeah I know that...and they have none in stock-oh really-so no one foned me up at any point to let me know that there was no paint.
    I am not amused.
    I am just a bit peeved off that no one telephoned me-no one has contacted me whatsoever-taken my money oh yes-and haven't honoured their side.

This seems to have happened to me a few times now-once with Tesco Direct-Freemans and B and Q.
    The customer service gal I spoke to did say that its got to be human error-humph.
    Anyone know what I can do next.
    Thanks
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    By filling in this form your complaint will go to head office, who will email the store manager. The store manager then has to resolve the situation and email back with head office on how this was resolved.

To be honest, if the paint is dicontinued and no other store has stock they can transfer, there's not a lot they can do.

Apart from why don't they offer to mix the paint themselves to that colour, along with a refund of what you've paid ;)
  • giddy-aunt
    By filling in this form your complaint will go to head office, who will email the store manager. The store manager then has to resolve the situation and email back with head office on how this was resolved.

To be honest, if the paint is dicontinued and no other store has stock they can transfer, there's not a lot they can do.

Apart from why don't they offer to mix the paint themselves to that colour, along with a refund of what you've paid ;)

Thank you ...Ill do that right now.
    Let you know what happens.
    What annoys me is that they had my money for that length of time.
    Will let you know what happens....cheers again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure