Whats the best product to stop limescale in a toilet?

2»

Comments

• Caro75
    Caro75 Posts: 255 Forumite
    Another vote for Harpic Duraguard limescale Remover. It works every time!
    "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."
  • oldbat1 wrote:
    harpic toilet cleaner (states it removes all limescale,) woosh under the rim and leave - does the trick every time!!

I used this last weekend and its great! My new loo has been leaking for months and as a result there were pale yellow stripes down the bowl, thick bleach didn't help so I got this and it was brilliantly white again with just one treatment!

Sarah
  • Tribal
    Tribal Posts: 84 Forumite
    Found out the hard way never to use the in-the-cistern blocks. Apparently if you have a fairly modern and inexpensive toilet, the rubber seals/washers in the plastic flushing mechanism in the cistern will gradully become coated with the product of the block. This will the thicken the size of the seal, and pretty soon it won't seal, just slowly leak. This glop also eats into the seal, so it may need replacing. And if it is not a top of the line loo, your chances or finding a replacement seal/washer, once it goes bad after about 3-5 years, are zip!
  • Install a water softener! Had ours for 10 years and no scale on anything - a very hard water area - Thames water!!
    I'm mad!!!! :rotfl::jand celebrating everyday every year!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure