Free University Video Lectures - Academic Earth

Comments

• Oh this is great, should come in handy!
  • Looking very good
    Wine, women and weasels :D Anything else starting with 'w'?
  • Great find OP! I'm doing an OU degree and some of these videos are really helpful.
  • zoelife
    zoelife Posts: 65 Forumite
    thank you looking forward to watching the anatomy in full:j
  • Just checked academic earth and ended up watching 2 hours worth of videos about computer sciences. Thanks, what a great find. And I absolutely love TED talks but haven't watched them in a while, Ended up watching 2 hours of talks aswell. What a great night, I feel completely empowered. AWESOME!!!!!
  • JonathanB
    JonathanB Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There are also some great free lecture series on iTunes U

The Stanford iOS programming series is particularly good (but make sure you get the latest Fall 2011 ones and not the 2010 ones!).
  • silverbullit
    silverbullit Posts: 273 Forumite
    I would also highly recommend:

https://www.khanacademy.org

It has hundreds of fantastic videos on a host of subjects - maths, science, business, economics, humanities - presented in an easy to understand and down to earth style by an engaging tutor. This site won a top award from the Bill Gates Foundation for providing high quality, free educational resources online.
    'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it....for much longer!'
  • Lots of good quality lectures here from University of Newcastle's Public Lectures series. (Put www. on the front.)

ncl.ac.uk/events/public-lectures/archive.php

Some are audio only. Some are videos.

The NCL site says that these are also available via the iTunes U site.
  • Excellent. Maybe MSE should curate all the Free Lectures, Course Material out on the web.
    Pity one has to pay out for Books etc at cheapest prices but that is the price of a a Good Self Education.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • Personally I think that MSE hasn't really caught onto this.
    Free University Courses, Associated Costs (that come from being a good DIY Student) and gotten into it's inner Self Learner, as a means of saving money, but also using it intellectually to cut through the morass of lies thrown to the lower orders from our Upper Class Superiors.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport