IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Crown Wharf Shopping Park, Walsall

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The BPA is just a members club. Full of PPCs like Parking Eye. So why do you think that makes them legit, it's just an old boys' network, not a regulator or anything?

It's not just Parking Eye, all PPCs are effectively just running a protection racket-style con by mimicking real PCNs and pretending their invoices are fines. They are NOT, no private company has the authroity to fine anyone.

Companies cannot send in the bailiffs just because they allege you owe them money! There's a small matter of having to win in Court first.

Like some PPCs, Parking Eye have had the odd punt in Court but don't be put off by the single recent win they reckon they had (which seems to have clearly been a set-up situation).

Other than that, they are just like any PPC and YES, PPCs' business model is designed to mislead and confuse people into thinking they have to pay as they think they have got a parking ticket. And then they follow that piece of rubbish with more misleading documents in the form of the threatograms shown in our top thread 'PPC letters, what to expect'

What part of those intimidating, misleading letters, saying for example that they can just 'get a CCJ and remove goods' doesn't look like a mail scam to you?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The BPA is the Guild of Scammers. Now stop worrying, we have all faced down these meaningless threats and lived to tell the tale.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • I have just been sent a demand for a parking fine! I know I paid but I do not have proof of bying the ticket. Should I just ignore this letter?
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Mark_38 wrote: »
    I have just been sent a demand for a parking fine! I know I paid but I do not have proof of bying the ticket. Should I just ignore this letter?

Yes!.........
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, just ignore it and check the letter chain sticky so you are prepared for what will come next. :)

Oh and it is not a fine!
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    I have just been sent a demand for a parking fine! I know I paid but I do not have proof of bying the ticket. Should I just ignore this letter?

Before you ignore, who has issued you with this ticket, parking eye or other parking company, or a council?
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite

RTFS, or failing that...

If it's council....go to pepipoo and seek advice [should be able to appeal it successfully].

If it's a PPC... then ignore.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • I too have had a fine from parking at the Crown Wharf in Walsall, i have had 2 letters form them and am waiting for the next one to come!! My family keep saying to pay it, I wont park on there now, but when i was walking past the other day there is a big board stating you will be fined if you do not comply to their rules (which worried me)!!!

Im not burying my head in the sand but it takes me alot longer to earn £50 (well its actually £80 now) than them!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 December 2011 at 4:21PM
    Oopsadaisy wrote: »

RTFS, or failing that...

If it's council....go to pepipoo and seek advice [should be able to appeal it successfully].

If it's a PPC... then ignore.

Just to translate for jaspercat911 and Mark38, when Oopsadaisy says RTFS he means 'please read the stickies'!!

The sticky info threads at the top of the forum board which had archived this random old thread you have stumbled upon and bumped. Find the forum index view of current live threads by clicking on the right-hand end of the breadcrumb trail link in small blue writing near the top of this page. It starts 'Home>forums>...'

All the letters used by these PPCs are shown in the top sticky thread 'PPC letters, what to expect'.

Did you miss that thread? You newbies seem to still think you actually have a real fine here.

Did you also miss the other sticky by Crabman, 'welcome, please read before posting'?! That has a must-see clip of Watchdog with an experienced Solicitor's clear opinion on what to do with a bogus PCN like the one you have there.

As others have said, just ignore the whole thing. It's like a series of phishing emails only this is a mail scam.

Please spread the word about PPC protection rackets with fake PCNs, just like we do (we are here because we've ignored one ourselves & detest this scam).

Just because retailers and cinemas, landlords and hospitals have been hoodwinked into allowing these scammers into their car parks (because, just like a protection racket, it's offered free and often actually earns the retailer a cut of the income from uninformed victims) doesn't mean it's any more legitimate.

Watch that Watchdog video now. Read any threads on this sub board under the stickies; you will see the word 'ignore' used every time it's a private (fake) PCN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    I too have had a fine from parking at the Crown Wharf in Walsall, i have had 2 letters form them and am waiting for the next one to come!! My family keep saying to pay it, I wont park on there now, but when i was walking past the other day there is a big board stating you will be fined if you do not comply to their rules (which worried me)!!!

Im not burying my head in the sand but it takes me alot longer to earn £50 (well its actually £80 now) than them!!

If the ticket is from Parking Eye, just ignore them, and watch the watchdog videos linked on a thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3164256

and sit anyone else who says to pay down and let them learn about this scam as well
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure