Prices for Howdens kitchen units

Comments

• I am a gas installer and work with several kitchen fitters, they always complain that almost without exception when they order a complete kitchen there is always somrthing missing or the wrong colour etc, with Howdens you can go back the same day and sort the problem out in minutes, with units delivered from out of town you can wait days or weeks for the missing door or whatever, call backs cost money, my kitchen was from Howdens, I fitted it myself, and yes they are very good quality.
  • Xstyle
    Xstyle Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm in the process of getting some designs and prices from Magnet...

will then take this to Howdens and ask them to beat it, on a similar style kitchen. I KNOW they will ... but I might get some appliances from Magnet, like the Hotpoint tall standing fridge freezer HME400N (I think?) for under £600 inc discount

nearly 3 years I got quotes from Magnet and Howdens, and Howdens were almost HALF cheaper!!!!!!! ...but then againm as I said, Magnet had much nicer integrated NEFF appliances...
  • MFI has a price beat policy for like for like kitchens.

Just take your quote to them.

The quality is better than Howdens.

:beer:
  • after Natalie5's rant i think i will stick with B&Q, at least you get civility with them, and the difference in quality is probably ignorable
  • I have an account at howdens. I know a few people in the trade who use them.

The stuff is better quality and easier fitted- this saves the fitter time and your money

I know joiners / kitchen fitters that add on a ' fluff up' percentage on mass market (B&Q / Homebase etc) kitchens as the stuff is delivered on a piecemeal basis sometimes.
    baldly going on...
  • moda_2
    moda_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    alanhl,

i'm with Natalie on this. I too work for Howdens, & a lot of people are still under the impression Howdens & MFI are as one, which is what i feel she was trying to correct.

Big Tip for you, Howdens are in the middle of their annual sale which ends in on 1st November. You'll have to take delivery of the kitchen by then, but the likelihood is, you'll get your rigid kitchen for the price of the flat pack B & Q rubbish. Oh, & Hamilton Teak is no longer available.

Hope this helps!

Mx
  • Jenn85
    Jenn85 Posts: 49 Forumite
    My kitchen is from Howdens and I love it, apart from the Drawer breaking but then again that could happen with anything couldnt it, it is great and Sturdy.

My OH is a Joinner and fitted his magnet kitchen himself he thought if you pay more you get a better quality but it looked pretty but for the price was not worth it it was very cheaply made, now its in it looks fantastic, you really cant tell the difference between mine and his.

But i definately prefer my howdens kitchen you are bound to save money with them, other stores make cheap kitchens which is great if you can afford to frequently change it but unfortunatly no one can in this day and age so pay a little more and get something that lasts.

They must be good because the council put them into all the houses and flats and their kitchens are only replaced at the most every 15yrs.
  • Li0nhead
    Li0nhead Posts: 16,922 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    depends where you are in the country. Wether true or not a few of us in the trade near here tend to find howdens too much.

That just local (west yorkshire) though, other branches might be cheaper.

But:

For instence i have use on occasion a local timber murchant who one howdens rep claimed to supply
    is cheaper than Howdens when we priced. against them.

The builders murchants we have an account with were the cheapest quote of all and still are on the current extension were on.
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. It was so good we removed it because we cannot think of one so good as you had and need to protect others from seeing such a great signature.
  • In my opinion you can't beat Howdens. The point about the October sale made by Moda is also a great tip. We're having a kitchen and alterations done and our builder referred us to Howdens. We've saved an absolute fortune by waiting and timing the build with getting the kitchen delivered in October. We'd already got a good price from them, we then managed to get a few grand off that and shaved another few hundred off just before agreeing the deal. To be fair our builder helped us a lot as he's a friend of a friend.

The kitchen has been delivered (not fitted yet) and the quality is far better than the B&Q and Ikea stuff we've seen. And if there are any problems we know that the builder can just nip to Howdens nd replace any damaged or missing bits on the same day. Unlike some of the horror-stories I've heard about high-street places with people waiting weeks/months for missing doors, hinges or whatever.

Howdens don't have a huge range of appliances, but there's no problem in sourcing those seperately. We've taken the Howdens range cooker and fridge/freezer, but sourced our own microwave and coffee maker.
  • My Howdens kitchen was finished last month and I am very pleased - I had a range of about 12 cupboards, cooker hood, a worktop and sink and it all fitted perfectly and looks lovely - I was pleased with the price which was about £1,300 and the builder was paid separately, I got him from a list provided by Howdens. I am very pleased that I used howdens and would do so again - shame they don't do bathrooms as that is next!
    [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Times New I2]Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale - Hans Christian Andersen[/FONT]
    2012 savings:remortgage £156.15pcm £5 pcm insurance reduced; 2012 Running totals: £10 goodwill requests/Grocery Coupons £12:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure