OneTwoTrade

Comments

• Ark_Welder
    Ark_Welder Posts: 1,878 Forumite
    Good for you. I will merely repeat:

From their terms & conditions: "Activity on ONETWOTRADE is not regulated under the Financial Services Act or any other financial investment regulatory provisions"

Anything that claims to offer 70% returns in 30 minutes should be avoided.
    Living for tomorrow might mean that you survive the day after.
    It is always different this time. The only thing that is the same is the outcome.
    Portfolios are like personalities - one that is balanced is usually preferable.

• westy22
    westy22 Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Just because I use it doesn't mean I'm unbiased.

Quite - couldn't have put it better!
    Old dog but always delighted to learn new tricks!
  • Ark_Welder wrote: »
    Good for you. I will merely repeat:

From their terms & conditions: "Activity on ONETWOTRADE is not regulated under the Financial Services Act or any other financial investment regulatory provisions"

Anything that claims to offer 70% returns in 30 minutes should be avoided.

I hope they work on that.

In financial markets, there is a fundamental trade-off between risk and return. The higher the risk you undertake, the higher is your expected return.

Because you lose your initial investment with smart options, there is nothing abnormal of having a high return. If this was not true, then you would have the so-called 'free lunch' (high returns with low risk).

Big and fast returns are features of all derivatives (Options, futures, etc.) because they have a high level o risk. But again, there are many ways one can hedge this risk.
  • Ark_Welder wrote: »

Anyone that wishes to do their own maths of how a '70% per half-hour gain' compounds over a year will see how ridiculous and unrealistic a route this is to follow.

This is not how it works. What you are saying is absurd.
    The options expire every 30 mins, but it doesn't mean you have to trade every 30 mins. You trade when you spot an opportunity.
    Ark_Welder wrote: »
    If it is that successful then why are 'you' being invited to join? Surely, the company 'employees' would be able to make themsleves substantially richer by doing it themselves rather than taking a small cut from 'you'.

The answer to this question is the same reason banks offer stocks and other assets to clients and also trade by themselves.
  • Ark_Welder
    r_lcg wrote: »
    This is not how it works. What you are saying is absurd.
    The options expire every 30 mins, but it doesn't mean you have to trade every 30 mins. You trade when you spot an opportunity.

The answer to this question is the same reason banks offer stocks and other assets to clients and also trade by themselves.

What is absurd is to hand over money to an unregulated business.

The answer to the question is not the same. Stocks are a method for a company to raise working capital. Derivatives are not.
    It is always different this time. The only thing that is the same is the outcome.

• Ark_Welder
    Strange as it may seem, their web-site appears to have disappeared up its own proxy bypass.

• Ark_Welder
    devsr wrote: »
    I created an account with these guys a few months ago and i received a phone call saying they were closing down the site for a few weeks for system upgrades, may explain this.

Just been on their website and seen this ' licensed and regulated by the Lotteries and Gaming Authority in Malta, license number LGA/CL2/744/2011'

Seems they are legit now, I haven't used them that much but now they are regulated makes me want to more now!

Actually, I had noticed that they were back. However, being licenced under Maltese gaming and lottery regulations still does not make a potential 70% return in half-an-hour an attractive proposition. Not to me.

• Ark_Welder
    devsr wrote: »
    Just out of interest, have you been on the site?

I have seen their site. Anything where I could lose 41% of my capital in half-an-hour holds no interest. Neither does a company that gives addresses in Cyprus and Malta - even if a London phone number is available. Nor does a company that is regulated under offshore gaming regulations.

If I was interested in what the protective regulations were then I might look further into the following beforehand: http://www.lga.org.mt/lga/home.aspx

I might even wonder why the business wasn't regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority

• Is onetwotrade legit?

Well the heated conversations is interesting some in favour and some against it.... Well is legit is the major question and how am I guaranteed my of this advertised 70% return on a trade.

I was introduced to this by a friend although I had my doubt but when he said I need only £20 to open an account and I will receive a £22 bonus to start I decided to give it a benefit of a doubt, WORST case I will loss £20, after-all a night out with my Mrs will definitely cost me more than that. Though I had it at the back of my mind that once I loss the £20 that's the end actually I was WRONG. I got the hang of it fairly quickly and after 2 weeks I smiled away with more than £400 withdrawal directly to my bank account and still with a balance to continue trading.

I am still trading and making profit till date from my £20, I must admit some people might have made a loss but you will never know until you try if you are one of the ones that will make a profit from it. Don't let anyone discourage you from giving it a go after all you wouldn't commit suicide for misplacing £20.

Minimum trade of £1/month to avoid charges.... So what?
    £30 to withdraw above £150.... Yes, its registered in Malta and how much does it cost you to transfer money abroad and receive it in local currency irrespective of the exchange rate. Its not even your money you only started with £20 in the first place.

Its risky... yes everything/business that brings profit is risky. If you don't have the heart you won't make money in the first place, your pensions are invested in various things that are not guaranteed to return profit anyway.

It even provide you the opportunity to minimised you risk by trading as low as £1 so what else do you want? And you even decide when you want to trade. if you don't see an opportunity you simply hold back your trade.

Finally personally I think for £20 give it a go if its not for you and you loss the £20 its not the end of the world but you will not beat yourself for never trying it out, it could be your opportunity to get that free money although you have to put a bit of effort into it.

Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ark_Welder
    ozy wrote: »
    Well is legit is the major question and how am I guaranteed my of this advertised 70% return on a trade.

For everyone that gains 70%, there is someone that can lose up to 100% of their stake. 100% loss: not bad for half an hour - and excluding the ongoing fees that force 'trading' to occur. Anyone that wants to gamble should stick to a) sites of the kind advertised between half-time of the football on the telly, b) strip poker, c) The Deer Hunter. Not necessarily in that order...

Or buy a Maltese lottery ticket, given that lotteries regulation is how this company is 'authorised', and not by any 'investment' regulations.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure