IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Uk Parking Control Ltd

Comments

• BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Welcome! *PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING*
    Please start a new thread for your case (if you post in the discussion threads your post will not be seen by many) and take a look at these two threads which will be of assistance: Council Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs)
    1) SCAN the PCN (front and back) together with any other paperwork (200dpi should be fine). Pictures of the parking bay/signs/lines will also help.

2) BLANK out personal details (i.e. PCN serial number, car registration number, any name/address details) using Paint or equivalent image editing program to remove appropriate details.

3) UPLOAD to image hosting site and link from your thread - simply copy and paste the "direct link for layout" link which looks something like this: http://tinypic.com/xxxxxxxxx.jpg.
    For detailed help with scanning, erasing and uploading, please see this thread:
    How to Upload & Post Images (PCN/NtO/other paperwork)
    4) MENTION which council issued the PCN/NtO if you're unable to scan paperwork.

Private Parking Companies (PPCs)
    (Read Martin's Article)

1) PPC tickets (referred to by some as toilet paper :p) are NOT fines or fixed penalties, they are invoices based on a presumed contract with the driver.

2) When posting, please don't mention your vehicle make/model or exact location and most importantly do NOT say who was driving. PPC trolls do read these and other forums and may try to use this information against you. Do not post any info that may identify you. It isn't usually necessary to post the 'ticket' from a PPC.

3) PPC charges have been shown to be generally unenforceable in Court, and they hardly ever issue proceedings, despite the threats in their intimidatory letters.

4) Do NOT write to the PPC to 'appeal' the ticket - the appeals process is a complete sham, they just want your money and thus will reject the 'appeal'.

5) If you don't take action on the ticket, the PPC will get the registered keeper's details from the DVLA, for a fee of £2.50. The registered keeper has no liability, since the presumed contract was formed with the driver. And, if you don't tell the PPC who was driving, they don't have a case.

6) Ignore the ticket completely until they've bought your details from the DVLA (costs just £2.50) and write to the registered keeper. Opinions vary on whether to send a template letter in reply or simply ignore all correspondence, however, anecdotal evidence from this forum and Pepipoo indicates that with the 'ignoring everything' option they will give up after a few scary looking letters and false threats of bailiffs/CCJs/credit record entries.

(thanks to bargepole for help in compiling the PPC section above)
    --

P.S: Thanks to all who help out on the boards - for comments and feedback click here.
  • Hi all I've just got a letter form debt recovery plus ltd. for a parking ticket with UKPC issued for leaving site! I was not driving at the time of the penalty notice and have stated this to UKPC but yet they still persist! I phoned Debt recovery plus ltd. today and the lady on the phone stated that it was up to me ( the registered keeper) to prove that I wasnt driving in court or declare who was the driver!

I cant believe they are trying to enforce a civil claim which has resulted in no loss to UKPC whatsoever! Surely this can never go to court!? They want £ 147 out of me which they are certainly not going to get!
  • Fidge, it certainly is NOT up to you to prove that you were not driving. You have been lied to. You should not have contacted "Debt Recovery Plus", you should have continued to ignore them. It is unlikely it will go to court, but please, have no more contact with them.
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    They lied. Disengage from them.
  • i recieved a ticket after breaking down wile in macdonalds car park an so far recieved 4 letters , latest from dept recovery.bit scary but i think i will keep going . what dose any one els think?
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    McDonalds have no more right to fine anyone than I do to fine them for foisting their overpriced junk food on the British public. McIgnore.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 14 August 2014 at 6:18PM
    IF YOU ARE READING THIS ANCIENT OLD THREAD AFTER 2013 - WHY WHY WHY?

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP READING THIS OLD THREAD.

STOP!

IT IS ANCIENT, A FORUM'S PAGE ONE IS ONLY EVER ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANY THREAD. THINGS CHANGE, ADVICE CHANGES, DO NOT READ OLD FORUM THREADS, EVER, ON ANY SUBJECT IF LOOKING FOR IMPORTANT ADVICE ON MONEY MATTERS.

see my signature below (the black writing) for where to click in the above breadcrumb trail (LITTLE BLUE LINK) to hop ONE CLICK to page one and read the top threads of CURRENT advice on private parking tickets.

STOP!

STOP!

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • thanks to all for the advice ..
    just recieved another letter from dept recovery plus
    notice of intended litigation
    out standing 153.75
    silicitor fee 50.00
    court fee for issue of claim form 30.00
    solicitors fee for getting judgment(by default ) 25.00
    predicted amount outstanding 285.75

if payed in 7 days 135.75

one thing i do know ccj's are only issued by a court and you have 14 days to sett your case before the judge.. think i will wait for my day in court..
  • .. think i will wait for my day in court..

You will have a very long wait then!
  • I received a notice from these people in Middlesbrough, for £60, saying I had left the car park. I have emailed and also written to them telling them I spent 90 minutes in McDonalds waiting while my wife went for an interview, but they say I have to pay.

Is it the same as all the others, and I can ignore any future mail from these people, as I have told them in both my written correspondance that I am prepared to see them in court, or because I have dealt with them do I have to pay now?

The car park does have signs saying 4 hour free parking, provided you stay in the "leisure park". My wife did not know where to go for her interview, so I showed which road to go on, and did actually leave the park for 5 minutes, before returning for a coffee and a wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure