£10 Xmas Bonus and Carer's Allowance

I understand that while I am in receipt of Carer's Allowance I am entitled to the £10 xmas bonus, does anybody know when this payment is issued, I understand it may be included with my payment week commencing the 5th December. Is this correct?

Thanks

Comments

• Richardsct wrote: »
    I understand that while I am in receipt of Carer's Allowance I am entitled to the £10 xmas bonus, does anybody know when this payment is issued, I understand it may be included with my payment week commencing the 5th December. Is this correct?

Thanks

I get DLA and have not had my bonus yet although some people have had theres already..

i did hear that the majority like you said are getting paid starting 5th december and i recieved mine last year on the 7th december last year with my normal DLA payment going in a week later,i know yours is carers allowance but i think they might be paid the same time..

hope this helps
  • Last year I think my CA Christmas bonuns was paid on the first Monday of December. I collect mine weekly from the Post Office, so it might be different if you have the money paid into the bank.

As for Dognobs rather rude comment - yes, most carers have been good this year, enabling disabled and ill people to live a reasonable life with dignity, as well as saving this country billions of pounds. If you reseent this, then you are one very sad character. Go and play elsewhere.
  • Richardsct wrote: »

Thanks
    Not sure when it is due. I get carers allowance too. Just keep checking the bank. :)
    life is what you make it, make it fun !
  • Caseymoo
    Caseymoo Posts: 263 Forumite
    just got my £10 bonus this morning :D
    Sealed Pot challenge aiming for £400 by Christmas
    NSD's 4/10 in January
    Grocery Challenge £78/£240 for the next 8 weeks
    Fuel Challenge £40/£320 for the next 8 weeks
  • Do you also receive Carer's Allowance? Is it paid to you weekly in advance as mine is?

Thanks for the reply
  • Caseymoo wrote: »
    just got my £10 bonus this morning :D

Did you also have a letter? If so what was the to be paid in by date? It will then help others work out when they may get their's
  • lovetowinacar
    lovetowinacar Posts: 1,937
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 27 December 2012 at 10:09AM
    What you should have said is Dear Mr Cameron I work for OVER 35 HOURS PER WEEK (so maximum of £1.58 an hour) all year long caring and save the government a fortune don't you think you ought to increase the derisory £10 to actually mean somthing?

Its backbreadking being a carer and I say thanks to all the carers out there - have a merry christmas - no day off for carers I am afraid though!
  • Nat1977
    Nat1977 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Mine is showing as going in on Monday.
  • recieved my letter today too..

payment goes in on tuesday:)
  • Just an update that my Xmas Bonus was in my bank account this morning. Still not had letter but don't think will now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure