Mobility refused for autistic son - with a twist!

Options
2»

Comments

• Tiredmum_2
    Options
    I would like to say to you, I do not know about whether you would get the mobility component allthough from what you have said sounds like you should, However i do know it can be very difficult for a child under 5 to be awarded Mobility.

As for what you say about the address, i am obviously no proffessional but i do beleive that under the Data protection act, they have a legal responsibilty to ensure the information they hold about you is correct, therefore if the address in incorrect they are in breach of the data protection act, maybe you should remind them of this?, Dont ask which adress is held, but tell them your address and then ask them to confirm that the record is correct as they are allowed to confirm something that you allready know.
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vicky123 wrote: »
    unless they have changed the rules one does not have to be physically disabled to get HRM.
    Vicky

I can't find anything online that say they've changed it or will change it.

From https://www.benefitsnow.co.uk :
    You need to show that
    -You are entitled to the care component of DLA at the higher rate and
    -You suffer from arrested or incomplete development of the brain and
    -Your brain impairment means that you exhibit disruptive behaviour and
    -The nature of your behaviour means that another person has to be present and watching over you in order to prevent injury to yourself and others and/or damage to property.

Arrested or incomplete development means that only those impairments that occur whilst the brain is growing will be taken into account. Later injuries and illnesses do not count even if they give rise to the same behaviour.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family