Anyone Knows a Decent Roast Dinner in Nottingham?

dogstarheaven
dogstarheaven Posts: 1,382 Forumite
As a foodie, I cook everyday of the week from scratch, but I've yet encountered any decent roast dinners for a long time when dining out. I've been to most pubs and restaurants around the city area and nothing compares to what I can make at home, quality-wise. I Just need to put my feet up and let someone else do the Roast for a change, but where are they? I would love to find all the trimmings (lots of fresh veg - cabbage, swede, parsnips etc but i absolutely hate finding peas in roasts, so inappropriate!) and plenty of meat too. I think the Carvery option is the best, then I can choose what I want and have lots of variety!! If not, then in a decent-sized portion. Can pay around a tenner, if it's worth it!!

Can anyone help?

xxx

Comments

• Charlie1986
    Charlie1986 Posts: 584
    First Post
    Forumite
    The hole in the wall at Brinsley is lovely. £3.50 i think for the carvery last time we went. There is also Brinsley Lodge, i've been told that's excellent.
    Virgin CC=£2652, Next= [STRIKE]£102.88,[/STRIKE] Very=£475.60, Natwest=£800, Sainsburys CC=£1777.02, Lloyds CC=£498.29, Lloyds Loan= £13,946.18, Car=£4000Total = [STRIKE]£26,147.23[/STRIKE] £23,849.09:eek:
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    mine lol im in belper

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • Bethankim
    Bethankim Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    The Victoria at beeston is yummy - they do food all day and on a sunday d a roast plus other sutff. mmmm its not the cheapest around but its sooo good you wont mind.

It is very busy though so get there early or wait til after 2.

th eother palce is the golden fleece on mansifield road - a little known fact one of the ex cheifs at the world service owns it and the food is fantastic and not a bad price too. i havne thad sunday lunch but have eaten there and was very good.
    BR 2nd April 2009
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

• macca
    macca Posts: 163 Forumite
    last time I went there for a Sunday roast - which they also did at night as well I had 9 vegetables from the carvery. Was about 18 months ago so perhaps somebody else could confirm whether it's still as good?
  • dogstarheaven
    thanks everyone, i shall be visiting them all one day, firstly the ones in nottm i'll check out as they're the closest. i'vfe been in the fleece a couple of times, but not been to eat tho', so that'll be useful as it's close to town. the victoria - is that by the railway st? if so, i'll defo check this one out as i love all the olde style with the railway memorablia. it's a real ale pub with real character!
  • Bethankim
    Bethankim Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Yep the Vic is by the railway station...its fab
    BR 2nd April 2009
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

• POSSETTE
    POSSETTE Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    In derbyshire,Holbrook The Spotted Cow,i worked there as i loved the carvery,9.95 for adult,very popular very busy,bookings at weekend. All fresh local food.Same owners own Spanker at Nether Heage Derbyshire,Its cheaper at 6.95 same quality but less choice of veg.I work there now...Chief Spanker! Ps a spanker is a ships sail! Nothing kinky!

if you want phone numbers PM me
    TO FINISH LAST, FIRST YOU HAVE TO FINISH....
  • dogstarheaven
    hey possette!
    thanks for that, i love derbyshire! we like to walk in the Peaks (edale, bakewell, chesterfield etc) if you know of any others over there then that'll be great. btw, we don't have a car, so we tend to find a bus/train route to the aforementioned walking places.
  • nuttyrockeress
    nuttyrockeress Posts: 1,256
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Please please try the Shepherds Rest at Bagthorpe - we took our families there (we have been quite a few times anyway) after our wedding day in 2007 and all we hear now when we see any of them is "we must come to see you again so we can do cavery at the Sheps!"

£8.00 but well worth every penny!
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family