Sell parking spaces... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Comments

• Hi,

I'm the MD of parklet (www.parklet.co.uk).

I would like to address the negative reviews the user above refers to. It refers to a case where payment to a landlord was delayed because we had incorrect bank account & sort code details on record. This error was immediately corrected when brought to our attention, and the landlord remains a happy customer to this day. If you read the bottom of the thread you will see that the user has updated his comments to reflect this.

We have let well over 10,000 parking spaces, all requiring monthly payment collection and remittance onto landlords. We do our very best to minimise any errors, but occasionally it does happen. When an error occurs, we do our best to put it right ASAP.

Thank You,

Luke Kelly
    Managing Director
    www.parklet.co.uk
    Tel: 0870 1624977
  • Is it possible to rent out a parking space if you don't own the property? My flatmate and I rent a flat from a landlord, and it comes with a parking space that neither of us use. We live opposite an overland station in zone 2 in London so are quite keen to make some use of it!

Any advice would be very helpful!
  • downhiller
    downhiller Posts: 123 Forumite
    If you're in a flat with an allocated parking space, it's worth double checking your property deeds.

I'm in that situation and my deeds state that I cannot let the space out to a 3rd party! :(
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    may want to check that any car left is actually owned by said driver, and also what access you have to your own garage etc, if it gets abandoned (removal costs? insurance if damaged etc?)
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • Here's another one to add to the mix. This one seems to cover all aspects of space and is free to use.
    Can't post the web ad but look up Spareground on google.
  • Should be very profitable in London, where having a garage costs about as much in rent as a one-family house up North.
    retireearlyretirerich.co.uk

Save money or make money - which interests you more?

click "Earn with us" at the bottom of the page to find out how to build yourself a passive income stream
  • Do I have to pay tax on this income as a student? I already have permission to rent out the drive from my mum.
  • dazza.mk
    dazza.mk Posts: 1,927
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ocirne wrote: »
    Do I have to pay tax on this income as a student? I already have permission to rent out the drive from my mum.

Haven't looked at any of the above websites, but I doubt very much that you can rent it out in your own name as you don't actually own the drive, as such it becomes more of a question of whether your Mum / Parents are liable fo the tax on the income if it is done in their name.
  • I just listed a parking space on yourparkingspace.co.uk and it charged me £15 so it's not free.
  • Can a retailer rent its parking space? or is this limited to individual and not professionals?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure