PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lidl Bifinett breadmaker - any recipes that work?

Options

Comments

• greentomato
    Options
    Hello again everyone

I'm sorry to report that despite all your help, yet another failure on the breadmaking. The fifth loaf in the bin. I'm really unhappy about it as I keep reading about all the lovely bread you lot make, and I can even make a simple white loaf!! :sad: Maybe I just can't make bread!

I tried the recipe that mad-cash-cow posted on another thread, and although the texture was much better, the bread had a weird unpleasant taste and was inedible.

I'm really not impressed with this Bifinett breadmaker and wish that I'd saved up and bought the Panasonic one that you all rave about! I've been talking for ages about getting this breadmaker now that I'm a SAHM, and its quite a disappointment.
    The worse thing was that we had friends to stay at the weekend, (the breadmaker was sitting on the side in the kitchen), we had sandwiches with some Tescos bread and they said 'oh this bread you've made is delicious' and I had to admit that it wasn't my bread at all....:o

from a breadless greentomato
  • oldandhappy
    Options
    The Lidl breadmaker that I saw when choosing was a two small loaves type...is yours? I chose the Aldi Delta make because it was just the one bread container inside also purchased a breadmaking book that has been a godsend...although I tend to use only a few of the receipes...Only had one rough loaf in two years...the first attempt...Will add more info when I find out your type of breadmaker...I know the instructions with these german ones can be confusing
  • greentomato
    Options
    Thank you. My breakmaker has just one large tin, which makes a 2.5lb loaf I think. They didn't have any with smaller tins. I doesn't say Delta on it anywhere, but its the KH2232.

I've also been recommended to try Lidl's breadmix, so will pick some of that up next time I am in there.
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    I'm really not impressed with this Bifinett breadmaker and wish that I'd saved up and bought the Panasonic one that you all rave about! I've been talking for ages about getting this breadmaker now that I'm a SAHM, and its quite a disappointment.

I know just how you feel greentomato - I had similar results with a Morphy Richards BM. (not the fastbake) I tried everything - more yeast, less yeast, brand new yeast, different types of yeast, more water, less water, different strong flours, extra-strong flour, etc. etc. etc. I got tired of throwing away so many expensive ingredients on inedible lumps of bread! I don't know if my machine was a dud or what but it sure didn't save me any money as I had to keep on buying store bought bread.

I ebayed my Morphy Richards and got a Panasonic. I was doubtful there would be such a difference, but every single loaf has turned out fantastic. In the latest Which? reports Panasonic is on top again, and the only one that produced bread "better than a bakery".

If I were you I'd ebay your breadmaker and save up for the Panasonic. I haven't bought bread in months now, it is so fantastic.

~Lynn;)
    :happylove
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I've always had great results with my Morphy Richards BM, but I always cut right back on the amount of sugar and salt in the recipes. I have just bought Allinsons yeast as it works out cheaper than the Sainsbury's sachets I was using, and I really don't like the extra yeasty flavour it gives! The texture is a bit off too.
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • greentomato
    Options
    I had been using Allinsons yeast - do you mean that you preferred the Sainsburys yeast?

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has bread troubles.... its keeping me awake at night.... DH thinks I'm crazy, throwing all this bread away to save money!!!! :rotfl:

I'd feel a bit guilty Ebaying the dodgy Bifinett though!
  • ka7e
    ka7e Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yes, I definately prefer JS yeast - hasn't got the overpowering flavour I'm finding with Allinsons.
    "Cheap", "Fast", "Right" -- pick two.
  • oldandhappy
    Options
    I would not use any breadmix....this is one recipe I use a lot...12oz water then add the (I use mainly Lidl bread flour)1lb 2oz white bread flour and in each of the four corners add 1 tablespoon of suger 1 and half tablespoons of milk powder 1 oz of butter and 1 teaspoon of salt(I use sea salt.. healthier by far)and 1 teaspoon of fast acting dried yeast in the middle(1 Use Tescos make mainly)important to keep all those in the corners away from each other and yeast in middle and then I use the white bread setting for this recipe..takes about 3 and half hours..When buzzers goes off take out of breadmakers as soon as possible...I find the make I have Aldi Delta is quite hard to get out the tin..that is the only setback with mine. Best of Luck
  • alsmith_3
    alsmith_3 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I'm onto my third breadmaker- I fairly recently got a Morphy Richards that has a paddle that folds down after kneading so you don't get the hole in the bread after baking. Good idea- enough for me to buy the thing. It's ok, but it's american based- 2lb loaves maximum. European go in kg's. That replaced a Morphy Richards, again 2lb. Not sure it was worth the money to upgrade just to get rid of the paddle hole- but the paddle action was getting very stiff on the old one, maybe it wouldn't have lasted too much longer. The bread is ok, but is more variable than I'd like. Every now and then it rises like a space rocket and hits/sticks to the lid, causing an undercooked section of loaf at the top- no big hole in the bottom though. I don't like the square but tall loaf approach though.
    My first breadmaker was a small 1 1/2 pound machine, perfect bread, never any problems. Shame I got rid of it.
    Due the occasional inconsistency and the slightly odd 2lb size of the Morphy Richards machine I'm in the lookout for a 1 or 1.25kg machine. I've constantly read that the Panasonics are good if expensive- **by the way I wonder if the person who started the thread got one I'd be interested to hear how they got on- does not posting mean they were happy and don't need to post and ask for help? Or she gave up in disgust?**. I'm not sure if I'd get a Panasonic because of the price, maybe I'll try the Bifinett that Aldi will be selling shortly. I've not seen bad things about them- not good things come to that, but people are more likely to make noises if things are poor. Anyone tried/got a Bifinett? £25 probably isn't too big a risk.
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    Options
    I have the lidl breadmaker. You must remember that compared to some others it is huge, so you need to use more ingredients.

The bread is white on top because the loaf isn't big enough to rise out of the tin.

I can't remember the recipe I use exactly, but it has 900g of flour in it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure