Have you saved money? Want to tell the world?

Comments

• sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Gas and elec bills arrived recently. Thanks to all the hints and tips, many of which I've put into practice, I've overpaid and will be getting a £240 refund between them. Now perhaps friends won't laugh so much at my bubble wrapped windows and cardboard wrapped foil behind the radiators :p
  • Hi all, we recently had our car insurance renewal thru from Tesco, only to find it had gone up by nearly £200 to a whopping £1106 (this is for 3rd party fire and theft for me aged 25 with 8yrs no claims and my partner aged 23 who passed his test last may). We followed martins advice and rang our company to query this even asking for quotes for different policies which actually made the price worse. So we then searched all the compare sites and aviva and direct line, trying different combo's (i.e fully comp, excess, mileage) to find on moneysupermarket our cheapest quote - £511 from Tesco for fully comp which included everything except breakdown cover! That had already saved us £595! We rang Tesco and gave them the reference number from moneysupermarket explaining how angry we were that earlier that day they had quoted us for the same policy but at a stupid price! The lady then gave us a 'clubcard discount' on top of the price we had found (why was this not offered earlier?) to knock the price down again! Our new price is £385 saving us £721! Thank you Martin!
  • I saved £150 on gas bill last year.
  • I have Norton Internet Security for my laptop and main back up computer and it is shortly to run out and as such i planned to give Symantec a call this week and see what was the best price they could give me for another year as i have been with them for the past few years.

Before i could do so the subscription was automatically renewed which happens about two weeks before end date and as a consequence i gave them a call and spoke to one of their customer service staff who was very helpful.

I explained what i was calling about and because i was kept hanging on for some time and his system was slow i was given an immediate one month extra as a courtesy for the inconvenience which i thought was pretty good.
    Wait there is more as i asked about being a good customer for a number of years and was then given a 50% discount and six months free cover which means that i have nineteen months for £19.99 which is a pretty good deal.:T
    Ian
  • aideng
    aideng Posts: 15 Forumite
    I've managed to cut my monthly fix costs by 50 pounds this years so far :D mostly because of my gym and the gas and electric bill
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing.[/FONT] [/FONT]
  • Hello,

Yes, i have saved money by using credit union financial service its really amazing and help only for saving my money.
  • steveproxy
    steveproxy Posts: 68 Forumite
    Yes , I've saved quite some money .
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,469
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Brasher walking boots for £50 from Go Outdoors, direct e-mail offer only. Cheapest when I price checked to try and get them to price promise for a further 10% off, was about £90.
  • YES, I have saved quiet enough money for my car.money saving expert helped me a lot for managing my salary and saving monthly.
  • I'm new to the site but the information that I have read so far is really helpful.

Thanks guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport