What is EESA?

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask for help but I wanted to find out more about this if you can please. I've been placed into the ESA Support Group and whenever I have any payments into my bank account it has - "My Insurance Number EESA" as the payer... what is EESA? My DLA goes into my account and shows my National Insurance Number too but it's spelt correctly. Is it simply a spelling mistake or is it something else?

Thanks a lot for your help, hope you can put my mind at rest! :) xxx

Comments

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,727
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Mine says same... and I think everyone's. So either a mistake applying to all (perfectly possible at the DWP) or the E represents something meaningful to the DWP that you needn't worry about :)
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • showmethemoneyuk
    showmethemoneyuk Posts: 106
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 8 January 2012 at 1:14PM
    a bit of a late response! - but I think its Employment Support Allowance (ESA) http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/welfare-reform/employment-and-support/ as I have been looking after a relations bank related details and "DWP EESA" is listed as such, with DWP regarding 'department for work and pensions'. Im not sure what the first "e" may be relating to.

• Hi

Just a thought but I would assume it’s something like E evaluationestimation, Employment Support Allowance. As most of those rated for thisallowance are being re-assessed for income related. So this could be apossibility.
  • Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Hi, not sure if this is the right place to ask for help but I wanted to find out more about this if you can please. I've been placed into the ESA Support Group and whenever I have any payments into my bank account it has - "My Insurance Number EESA" as the payer... what is EESA? My DLA goes into my account and shows my National Insurance Number too but it's spelt correctly. Is it simply a spelling mistake or is it something else?

Thanks a lot for your help, hope you can put my mind at rest! :) xxx

Crikey, you learn something new every day! I don't get ESA, but just logged into my bank account to keep a track and noticed hubbies NINO against his CA, and my NINO against my SDA :eek:
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
  • Think it applies to people in the support group who are paid a disability premium and stands for Enhanced ESA.
  • lukieboy96
    lukieboy96 Posts: 666 Forumite
    I am in the wrag group and have EESA too.
  • EESA stands for Enhanced Employment Support Allowance, which normally runs for 2 years before you get assessed again.
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    kingdomman wrote: »
    Think it applies to people in the support group who are paid a disability premium and stands for Enhanced ESA.
    EESA stands for Enhanced Employment Support Allowance, which normally runs for 2 years before you get assessed again.

Doesn't sound right to me.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,581
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 5 December 2013 at 9:05PM
    epitome wrote: »
    Doesn't sound right to me.

I am in the WRAG, 2 year award and my bank payments show EESA.

I transferred from IB and still get transitional protection.
  • epitome
    epitome Posts: 3,199 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2013 at 9:38PM
    KxMx wrote: »
    I am in the WRAG, 2 year award and my bank payments show EESA.

I transferred from IB and still get transitional protection.

It would still say EESA if you were 3 months in WRAG.

Or even on assessment phase
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport