Taking legal action against Amway or IBS

Comments

• Not a first time poster or an Amway disciple, but with another company. I am able to stay home full time with my kids with the income I EARN from CUSTOMERS who love the products. The trainings that you get with network marketing also help with running a more traditional business where the chance of failure is just as high, but the costs of failure are higher. I know this to be a fact as my business was in credit within a couple of months, but my OH's manufacturing business is not expected to be for several years yet. Bottom line, usually good products, excellent training, you just have to step up to the plate and take personal responsibility. It is not for everyone, just as being in any business is not for everyone.

PS, I spend around £500 a year in training, you can write it off against tax. I pay about £1 a month in training from my company, the rest I use generic trainers and buy books you can get off amazon and from WHSmiths.
  • Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    BFG wrote:
    For anyone with a mind of their own, google for the words amway and scam, and then read and make up your own minds.

Hmmm.... make up your own mind by following your suggestion of using "scam" in the search terms.... dont you think that would also give biased results? I wouldnt imagine that there are many international companies that you could do a search for with a negative term and not come up with at least a few hundred hits.... not defending Amway as I know little about it but this post is as invalid as the one that you are criticising.

At the end of the day they're a pyramid selling scheme just like Anne Summers, Tupperware, Avon and many other more "respected" brands that operate this model. For many people, they can make money out of it but the "hourly rate" is probably not favourable - though as others have said, it can be the best option if you have other commitments etc. There will be others who effectively decide to start a business without doing any of the necessary and unsurprisingly 1 in 3 new businesses fail in the first 12 months. Plus there is of cause the minority who are actually good/ lucky at it and do make the big money they all claim.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • BFG wrote:
    Do you think that the Scamway disciples trawl the net looking for forums that are debating Scamway and then post all innocent-like and say how wonderful Scumway is??

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I think perhaps you didn't read my first post.

You have read my last one though.
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    Angel2 wrote:
    You have read my last one though.

If that's your approach, I'd have to say "A bit on the sensitive side" springs to mind.

Take a look at the abuse BMSGuy was dishing out to critics of Scamway (on another MSE thread).

I'm also a big believer that if you're not going to post again to any group, you don't actually need to tell anyone in advance, just don't post again.

Enjoy the day.
  • BFG_2
    BFG_2 Posts: 2,022 Forumite
    BFG wrote:
    Take a look at the abuse BMSGuy was dishing out to critics of Scamway (on another MSE thread).

For the sake of completeness, here is the other thread which explores Scamway, Scamivo, etc in more detail....http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=6800&page=4

Please anyone thinking of falling for the pitch, please read and do lots of research......then make your own mind up.
  • With 14,000 distributors, 14,000 different personalities, clearly this is a business plan that can not work for all.
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • TPAOY
    TPAOY Posts: 50 Forumite
    Just had a look back and I find it amazing to see how current IBS/Amway distributors will defend the system. I remember how we were like this too - unfortunately we were also taken in by the advice to keep investing in the system.

We lost a lot of friends as well as money. Friends and family count more than any business, but we were told to ignore them as they couldn't understand the system. Turns out they were all correct and could see what was going on.

Any remaining doubters should have a look at what has happened to most of the former IBS Emeralds and at least one of the Diamonds. This provides the real proof that it doesn't work. I think the fact that Pat and Greta Gregory spend more time working their property business also proves the point.

The clever Diamonds and Emeralds invested the money they made from the tools scam elsewhere and can still benefit from that to this day. The others have joined the rest of us again working day to day (if the Inland Revenue hasn't caught up with them).
  • MickKnipfler
    MickKnipfler Posts: 1,983 Forumite
    what has happened to them? Aren't they involved anymore?
  • Contact the DTI - they are CURRENTLY investigatig Amway. If it is illegal ora con now in the time for them ot be shut down,
  • changkra
    changkra Posts: 635
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Suzy's wrote: »
    Contact the DOTI - they are CURRENTLY investigating Amway. If it is illegal Ora con now in the time for them OT be shut down,

Do you have any links to this to back this up? Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm more than sure that if you add a link then others can perhaps use the info. :) and lets hope it doesn't take too long to shut them down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure