Free Directory Enquiries:Call for free on your home phone & mobile Article Discussion

2»

Comments

• diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Free is great but you have to get good service as well

LOL isnt FREE service enough ?
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • I dialled 08000 100 100 by mistake, they were even ruder, wouldnt tell me who they were or anything
  • Anybody help? Does the free dir of enquiries 195 service - for those with disabilities - only work if you're with BT, I'm with the Post Office?
  • I just tried 68100 from my Virgin phone - I got a message saying "This number is blocked". Is there any way round this?
  • ocoste
    ocoste Posts: 16 Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    I have used the free 0800 100 100-good results-no complaints

Hi All, Friday 7th Jan. Just tried to use this freephone number and recorded message states line unavailable and gives you the number for their 'sister company' who charge 69p connection and 19p per minute!! Just thought I'd save some of you wasting time dialling.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 7 January 2011 at 8:28PM
    Your quoted post was from February 2008 so you were using an old freephone number.

Another (0800 0 192 190) has also gone.

But there is another:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/directory-enquiries-free
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure