Citroen C3 screen washer problems

Comments

• 2004 c3 windscreen washer does not work - however - it does when the bonnet is up!!! [car stopped ]- can anyone give me a clue as to why this is please?
  • pencil1020 wrote: »
    2004 c3 windscreen washer does not work - however - it does when the bonnet is up!!! [car stopped ]- can anyone give me a clue as to why this is please?

A massive outside guess but could the bonnet be trapping the feed pipe from the pump when it's closed? Does the rear screen wash work correctly with the bonnet up?
  • as suggested see if the tube is being trapped

also is there enough water in the tank, it might be sloshing to the back when the car is moving, but settling when the car is still
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks for the advice everyone. My C3 washer stopped working last week, (obviously frozen and I blew the fuse when i tried to use it). Replaced fuse no. 14 today with another 10 amp one, and will keep a few spare in the car just in case :D.
    Pants
  • I have a C3 with the same problem, but mine wasn't a fuse it was a burnt out motor! £157!!!!
  • I have just come back from the garage for a second time in 4 days due to my screen wash not working, Apparently you cant use it until your car is completely warmed up other wise the fuse blows. But the guy at the garage has said that the water holder isnt at the side of the hot engine anymore but is placed right at the bottom of the car were it takes ages to defrost( if it is frozen) so after driving for about half an hour obviously my screen needed washing so i tried to use the screen wash and blew the fuse!!!! which is so dangerous if you cant wash the screen as you drive. Does anyone know how long it takes to warm the screen wash up, or who to complain to. many thanks
  • I have just come back from the garage for a second time in 4 days due to my screen wash not working, Apparently you cant use it until your car is completely warmed up other wise the fuse blows. But the guy at the garage has said that the water holder isnt at the side of the hot engine anymore but is placed right at the bottom of the car were it takes ages to defrost( if it is frozen) so after driving for about half an hour obviously my screen needed washing so i tried to use the screen wash and blew the fuse!!!! which is so dangerous if you cant wash the screen as you drive. Does anyone know how long it takes to warm the screen wash up, or who to complain to. many thanks

What you need to to is increase the concentration of screen-wash in the washer bottle and that way it wont freeze in the cold.
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    I have just come back from the garage for a second time in 4 days due to my screen wash not working, Apparently you cant use it until your car is completely warmed up other wise the fuse blows. But the guy at the garage has said that the water holder isnt at the side of the hot engine anymore but is placed right at the bottom of the car were it takes ages to defrost( if it is frozen) so after driving for about half an hour obviously my screen needed washing so i tried to use the screen wash and blew the fuse!!!! which is so dangerous if you cant wash the screen as you drive. Does anyone know how long it takes to warm the screen wash up, or who to complain to. many thanks

Put some decent non diluted screenwash in to your vehicle, mine is good down to -40.

I am surprised that the garage did not advise you better.
  • bryanb
    bryanb Posts: 4,994 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Carry a wash up liquid bottle full of screenwash in freezing conditions. You will have to stop but at least you can clean it.
    This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !
  • Does anyone know how long it takes to warm the screen wash up, or who to complain to. many thanks

Seriously,you want to complain about this?

as others have said put a strong mix of screenwash in. and/or keep a sports cap water bottle in the car with water and screen wash in it and put the window down and spray it.

or you could install a heater element in the washer bottle that you can switch on when its frozen.

we're to used to having everything done for us and always needing someone to complain to aren't we?
    ...work permit granted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport