PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Any everhot owners out there

Comments

• I agree Pawpurrs - it isn't supposed to save money it is just an extra. I've looked at the section you mention Christian and I read it as comparing it to a gas or other electric hob not saving on the Everhot running costs
    Nice to save.
  • artichoke
    artichoke Posts: 1,724 Forumite
    Hi

i can't quite imagine what the new style 90 will look like....

you say an extra simmerplate? my 90 has a a hot plate and a simmer plate..... so why would you need an extra simmerplate?

can you post a picture of the new 90 so we can see what the change is going to be?

art
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Art when you say the old model had a simmer plate it only had one hotplate then a stainless steel bit..........
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    G5PM65611.jpg[/IMG]forums.moneysavingexpert.comG5PM65611.jpg
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • I'm not sure I have missed the point? Perhaps I wasn't making myself clear?

I understand the induction hob is faster to cook with. I also realise the induction hob cannot be compared to the existing hotplates (unless you turn them off altogether) and also agree that the 'other heat sources' the literature refers to is probably gas or halogen hob. That said...

In my case, I think the existing hot/simmerplate provides enough pan space and I don't think I need a larger cooker. Therefore I find myself looking at the optional extra of an induction hob and I simply wondered whether the savings offered by the induction hob justifies the additional expense, given that I don't need one?

My point is, if one wants an induction hob at £1000, I think one needs to use it for about 22 years before it saves £1000 worth of electricity. Whatever way you look at this, it is an expensive 'extra', unless of course one doesn't have enough pan space, doesn't have space for an additional or larger cooker, regularly needs to cook quicker than the hot plate allows, or has more money than sense?

Am I any clearer?
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes......... think its a personal thing, the only other way it comes in to its own, is if you want to turn everything else off in the summer mths..... Personally I like induction hobs but wouldnt want it on the range, if I had one it would be seperate to the cooker IYSWIM, A grand is a lot extra. But then unless you want the plate warming oven so is the 100 over the 90........
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • Agreed.

Thanks again. This has been a useful forum.

Kristian
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Keep us posted as to what you choose and how you get on.
    There is a good thread here on everhots....
    http://www.allaboutyou.com/social/forums?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat:b92cf813-2903-4715-97be-a46856f72496Forum:7cc03468-167c-43b4-b4af-9308591b8980Discussion:3b3073c2-3ee6-4fcc-83be-dc5ab7a64c61&plckCurrentPage=0

So those that have one/ordered one did you manage any reduction on RRP?
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • artichoke
    artichoke Posts: 1,724 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2010 at 12:26PM
    hi

i ordered mine when they had an open day weekend - they advertised that there would be special open day offers for those attending the event.

As i live in Peak District i did not feel i could attend the event but phoned up to ask could i have the special event discount if i bought that weekend over the phone..... so i got £350 off...

It is the most expensive thing i have ever bought (other than signing my mortgage),

Papwpurs - oh the new one looks great - but what is under the second smaller lid?

is it a simmer plate? and under the big lid is a very hot plate (280 degrees?)

Under my one large lid is a hot plate with two seperate temperature zones, hot and simmer.....

and i use the stainless steel plate for lifting dishes onto out of the oven...

I can see that the new design looks better - but not sure how much more practical??

although i do love the door over the control panel.......agghgh - maybe i should have waited and bought in the spring.......but that would have meant my third christmas without an oven..

art
  • pawpurrs
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I believe its a simmer plate its an extra £500, you can still have the model without the extra simmer plate but with the door covering the control panel and the new magnetic handles, they have magnets under the handles to ease closure and stop possible chips.
    I have gone without the extra simmer plate,as I think the space at the side would be usefull, Ididnt know that the top plate was half and half so thanks for that :T
    Pawpurrs x ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure