help with 2007 credit card debit

2»

Comments

• Angry_Bear
    Angry_Bear Posts: 2,021
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    Be very careful, if it's been 6 years or more (5 in Scotland) since you last made a payment then the debt is statute barred and you can tell them to go whistle. If you think it's even close to that you should start by sending a prove-it letter here. Quite honestly I'd probably start with that anyway.

However, if you want to write to them and make an offer you should be able to find a template on the national debtlne site here.
    Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?
    ― Sir Terry Pratchett, 1948-2015
  • Thanks alot angry bear you've been really helpful. I'm going to do that
  • Hey just to update you I used the statute barred letter template to barclays..they sent me a response saying they don't think its statute barred and they're now charging £30 per response as an admin fee..what can I do??
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Did you take the card account out before April 2007?
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • Hi well this is the thing..I have no idea. But this is all barclaycard said-

'We recieved your letter about your belief that your account maybe 'statute barred' however the last contact we have from you is in '2008' of which we responded july 16 2008.
    Your card was used for a cash advance on the 20th febuary 2008 and for a purchase on the 3rd march 2008.
    Therefore all claims that this is 'statute barred' are void.
    Barclaycard will now charge £30 per letter sent out as we retain the right to take legal action against you. I would advice you contact Lowell Grou[, who we sold the debt to on 23rd June 2010 for any further contact,
  • bumpp:beer::D
  • :beer:bump bump
  • Thrifty_Pixie
    Thrifty_Pixie Posts: 1,036 Forumite
    blackguy52 wrote: »
    Hi well this is the thing..I have no idea. But this is all barclaycard said-

'We recieved your letter about your belief that your account maybe 'statute barred' however the last contact we have from you is in '2008' of which we responded july 16 2008.
    Your card was used for a cash advance on the 20th febuary 2008 and for a purchase on the 3rd march 2008.
    Therefore all claims that this is 'statute barred' are void.
    Barclaycard will now charge £30 per letter sent out as we retain the right to take legal action against you. I would advice you contact Lowell Grou[, who we sold the debt to on 23rd June 2010 for any further contact,

well it's not statute barred so i would write them a letter asking to pay them £5 per month and asking for details of how to do this i.e. account number to pay into, login details, etc
    Mortgage-Free Wannabe
    Mortgage at start [20/6/12]: £151,800/MFD Jun 2035 (age 65)
    Mortgage now [5/11/14]: £139,212.14/MFD Oct 2029 (age 59)
    Personal Library 2014
    :starmod: Read in 2014: 57/60 :starmod: In Progress: 2 :starmod: Books In: 94 :starmod: Books Out: 12 :starmod: TBR: 847 :starmod:
  • blackguy52
    blackguy52 Posts: 86 Forumite
    yeah..but in the letter they told me they won't respond to me anymore and to deal with this 'hampton legal' ? so do i write to them or barclaycard or both?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure