Free McAfee security software for HSBC customers (merged)

Comments

• This is an offer for HSBC customers to download McAfee VirusScan Plus AntiVirus, Firewall & AntiSpyware and enjoy it for free for 12 months.

You register with McAfee when you click the link and you get your softeware and registration for 12 Months.

You don't have to be an HSBC customer as far as I am aware.

http://uk.mcafee.com/root/landingpages/afflandpage.asp?affid=623&lpname=vsf_cp

Enjoy!!
  • scatz
    scatz Posts: 393 Forumite
    I downloaded the free McAfee software and haven't had any problems with my PC slowing down! It, however, only allows the cover of 1 PC not 3 as someone had stated above.

Also, you do have to be a member of HSBC as the link appears after you have logged in IIRC.

I'd recommend it!
    Halifax Personal Loan £23,000 :think:
  • Hi all, you can usually get free antivirus software from your bank or your internet service provider. I know of the following companies who are giving away decent security suites on a free 12 month subscription.

BT, Sky and O2 - McAfee or Norton Internet Security Suites with most internet packages, just check their websites for details

Virgin Media - PC guard security suite

HSBC - McAfee free with internet banking account

Barclays Bank - Kaspersky 2009 free with online banking (Great software package)

AOL, Talk Talk, Carphone Warehouse - Free Internet Security Suite (Own Brand)

These are the ones I know about but there may be more so before you go out and spend a fortune on security software check with your bank and ISP first.

Good Luck,

Kelvin
  • upsadaisy
    upsadaisy Posts: 417 Forumite
    I took up this offer a few years ago with HSBC. Hope I can do it again.
  • Hi, I logged into HSBC internet banking this morning and found free McAfee security software for 12 months.

To get it: log in, click on "Free McAfee security download then follow the on screen instructions.

its £24.95 to buy at pcworld so a nice little saving :beer:

Liz
    Driver picks the music, Shotgun shuts his cakehole! :rotfl:
  • movilogo
    movilogo Posts: 3,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Use Linux and you can be secure even without a virus scanner :)
    Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
  • NaomiJane_2
    NaomiJane_2 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Yay I knew they were charging me 15 a month overdraft interest for a reason
  • Loco
    Loco Posts: 103 Forumite
    anyone tried to re-download Mcafee after the 12 month subscription is up?

I logged back into my account and tried to do that but keep getting the message "SKU already in use"...what does that mean? I uninstalled my previous version of Mcafee but no effect.
  • You will need to use a different browser. If you are using IE, just download Firefox or Google Chrome and then log on to your bank account to download Mcaffe - it will work.
    cheers
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,895 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks to linterd on hduk

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/HSBCINTEGRATION/register

Register for internet banking, few days later your secure key arrives in the post. Log on, download McAfee and enjoy it for a year!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure