Where to send JSA complaint form

Im about to lodge a complaint regarding lack of info and outcome from my JSA backdated claim.Been almost 6 months and still nothing,not even a letter.Where do I send it to lodge the complaint.To Cosham?It reads send to the form to mthe office that sent you the decision.Well I have no decision so Im lost.

Comments

• The DWP website about complaints re JSA:

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Aboutus/Contactus/Yourcomments/contactus.aspx

"How to give us your comments

You can contact us by telephone with your comments.

Or you can write a letter and post it, email it, fax it or hand it in to us at your nearest Jobcentre.

If you want to make a comment to a contact centre or benefit delivery centre, the phone number should be on any documents they have sent to you. Or you can write a letter and post it, email it, fax it or hand it in to us at your nearest Jobcentre."
  • 1st question to ask - have you phoned the benefit delivery Centre?
    2. Has it been received?
    3. Has it been lost?

More information please
  • hyposmurf
    hyposmurf Posts: 575 Forumite
    edited 24 January 2010 at 10:18PM
    Aparently its been actioned back in August but is just sitting there.They tell me oh it seems to be taking a while and that they will contact the department via email to see what is going and they will be in contact.Its almost like listerning to a recorded message.Apparently I cant contact the department directly who are dealing with it.
    You can contact us by telephone with your comments.

Or you can write a letter and post it, email it, fax it or hand it in to us at your nearest Jobcentre.
    Ive contacted them numerous times with comments and got knowhere,said Id like to lodge a complaint, so they sent me a form to complain about the job centre(no use).I also visisted the job centre and asked for a form to complain and they gave me a form to complain about a claim outcome I dont agree with (Ive filled this out and am intending to send it off).
    To hand it into a Job Centre I need an address to send it to otherwise it will go missing and surely Cosham are a different company than the Job Centre,so will it get to where it should?
    I may well have to take some time off work in order to visist a job centre.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Have you contacted your MP? They will know who to write to, and a letter from them is likely to get more action than one from you. It is wrong, you should be just as important in your own right, but it will get a faster result.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • hyposmurf
    hyposmurf Posts: 575 Forumite
    Simple as this.I handed it into the manager at my local benefits office.She sent me a letter to say they will send it on and that they get mystery shoppers.Few days later I received a call and a letter apologising profusely and payment will be sent soon for the full amount.Amazing how effect a complaint is,when you consider I had been contacting them for months about this before. :j
  • I'm really glad to hear you had a good result - but sorry it all got mucked up in the first place - keep us updated!!
  • Yes got what Im entitled to. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport