MrCloud

Has anyone else ordered from????

mrcloud

I ordered one T-shirt on the 5th December as the item stated usually despatched within 2-3 days

I emailed on the 14th December to ask where it was and was told it should be with me by Christmas, but they couldn't promise :mad:

I asked why does it say despatched within 2-3 days on the website and got the reply

"Yes it does" :confused:

I have asked a couple of times when it was actually despatched and who by and had no reply to my question, I just get told it should be with me by Christmas

I told them I want to cancel the order and was told I need to send the item back

Would be ok if I had actually received it :mad:

There website states returns have to be made within 28 days of order, well what happens as I haven't received it :mad:

How can I get my money back

Comments

• Hey wicknwax.

My wife ordered a couple of t-shirts from Mr Cloud's Emporium back on 17th November.
    The t-shirts still hadn't arrived a week before Christmas so she emailed (wrongly quoting the 27th November as the order date) and got back some response about the site saying "up to 28 days" (which I think it does) and the items having been dispatched (which I'm still wondering about).

A post-Christmas email (still nothing received!) asking for the order to be cancelled and our money refunded elicited a response that said "raise an item-not-received complaint on PayPal". (We'd paid through PayPal, though with an account balance rather than a credit-card - so I think we've got less protection than we might have had. I can't believe that this is a sensible "normal" operating procedure; I believe the fella is just being evasive in the hope that he'll end up keeping the money without our having received the "dispatched" t-shirts. (Which he probably will.))

I raised a complaint on PayPal (which has a 45 day limit that [I think] we were inside by only a few hours). However, it looks to me like they've just closed this off with "doesn't meet guidelines" or something. I'll be pursuing that...

Interestingly: Has anyone noticed that on the website (whose address you, wicknwax, have removed - but I'm going to put back!: http://www.mrcloud.com ) none of the illustrated t-shirts appear to be photos of a physical thing? To me, it looks like they're all pictures of plain t-shirts that have been photo-edited. Is this standard practice for t-shirt vendors (who, I accept, probably manufacture the t-shirts on demand)? I'm doubting it myself....

I expect in the end this will end up as a live-and-learn situation for me / my wife. [Someone with enough time and energy to pursue things might do better - the apparent owner's details (including a mobile number!) seem to be accessible enough on Google if not through the website itself.]

• Hmmm. I'd recommend that you have a look at the comments on the following page.
    http://www.springwise.com/fashion_beauty/gravanity_mii/
    (In summary: I and others would suggest caution when buying from mrcloud!)
  • MKwife
    MKwife Posts: 787 Forumite
    I bought a t shirt from him years ago when he had an ebay shop. I sent a postal order to pay for the t shirt and never heard from him again! When I finally got in contact with him he said he never received the postal order and to send another!!! Yeah right.

Bombard him with emails and when you get your t shirts keep well away from him!
    Our dream has come true... :D
  • wicknwax
    wicknwax Posts: 138 Forumite
    Sounds like I have lost my money then :confused:

I shall be ringing trading standards in the morning
  • wicknwax
    wicknwax Posts: 138 Forumite
    Well after a call to Trading standards and a recorded letter to his house

And.......... telling his webhost, I have finally been refunded my money
  • I too have had problems with Mr Cloud, I have contacted Trading Standards, Watchdog and the police (Lancashire, that's where he's based) as I'm sure this constitutes theft/fraud. Maybe if others do the same we can do something about this. He shouldn't be allowed to get away with taking our money.
  • I have also been duped by this leach - i did get my money back after a lot of hassle and him threatening to sue me.

I have contacted bbc’s watchdog, i am also going to contact trading standards etc

if we all contact at least watchdog and trading standards then we can stop people like this. don’t just be angry let’s all do something about it.

Lancashire County Council
    Trading Standards
    58 - 60 Guildhall Street
    Preston
    Lancashire
    PR1 3NU

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/contact_index.shtml
  • MrCloud
    MrCloud Posts: 35 Forumite
    Hello

My name is Craig and I represent the business in question.

From this thread it is clear that there are some customers who have been dissatisfied with our service. In an effort to address these issues and to provide recompense where appropriate I am happy to correspond with any individual who feels that they have not received the service they expected within this thread.

Thank you.
  • I received no apology for the fact that I did not receive the goods I paid for. I received no explanation for why the item did not arrive. I was promised a replacement within a week which did not arrive.

When I emailed to ask Mr Cloud if I would ever receive the promised replacement all he said was 'no for obvious reasons'. I had to ask what those reasons were, and all he said was 'you have been refunded' and then i got threatened with being sued by him if i said i hadn't been.

I had no idea i had been refunded, he did not bother to mail me to say he was going to refund me. I had to check with Dalpay and I had been refunded, but only the same day when I asked him about the replacement - strange!

His customer service skills are completely lacking, and i wonder if he is allowed to sell the items he has on his website. Do eg. Infogrames know he is selling Atari merchandise?
  • MrCloud
    MrCloud Posts: 35 Forumite
    Clearly something has gone very wrong in the communication process violethorizon. Unfortunately as I can't identify you (as you provide no real name etc) I cannot investigate further.

Please accept my apologises now and thank you for confirming that you were refunded.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure