Did not return DLA application form on time

Comments

• TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    As they have sent you a PIP form I would imagine that they have decided not to accept your reasons for your very late DLA form!

If you have not received any letter of their decision but they have sent you a PIP form I would suggest that you telephone them regarding this and ask for an explanation.

To be fair you were very late, over 3 months late in sending in your DLA form and although you gave them a reason in a letter for this, perhaps if you had sent them some evidence e.g. a support letter from a health professional maybe they may have considered it.

Phone them this afternoon to ask if they have accepted your late form as you have not received any information but have been sent a PIP form.
  • ltcinter
    ltcinter Posts: 45 Forumite
    Thanks Tobruk,

However, there is still no notification of the DM's decision not to accept the reasons for good cause.

The intention is to seek a revision of the decision and submit further evidence if necessary. It appears there is one month to do this from the date of the decision, but without a notification how is one to know when this period starts?

Just to send out a PIP claim form and expect the claimant to fill it in without notification of the decision seems rather bizarre.
  • TOBRUK
    That is why I said that you should telephone them as soon as possible and ask what the situation is with regard your DLA form.

With any queries about benefit I usually suggest writing so that you have correspondence to keep (as possible evidence) but in your case I think you should telephone them today and ask what your situation is. Otherwise you could be waiting for a very long time and perhaps they have given a closing date for you to send in your PIP and you could find yourself in more trouble!

What is stopping you phoning them now? At least you will know where you stand.
  • ltcinter
    Yes, the closing date for returning the PIP claim form is October 27th.

I cannot phone them. I agree it is best to have everything in writing.

I feel that the reasons I gave for good cause were very strong, I get the feeling they are hoping I return the PIP form and leave it at that. That is not on.

I will have to contact my lawyer and seek legal advice.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    ' you beliene'
    but you havent asked them what they think.
    you are trying to fight agsinst informstion thst you dont have!
    you at least need to contact them to find out what decision they have come to
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    double post]
  • ltcinter
    Aren't they supposed to contact the claimant and not the other way around?

If they don't make contact, then surely they are in effect preventing the claimant from requesting a reconsideration of a negative determination decision?
  • TOBRUK
    ltcinter wrote: »
    Aren't they supposed to contact the claimant and not the other way around?

If they don't make contact, then surely they are in effect preventing the claimant from requesting a reconsideration of a negative determination decision?
    I'm sorry but you (the claimant) are the one who wants the information. You may believe that you gave good 'strong' reasons for sending the form back so late but unless you try and find out what is happening you are just spiting yourself.

Your PIP form is due back end of this month mind, so if they do not contact you in the meantime what will happen to that - are you going to send that in late aswell? You really can't turn round and say to them that you didn't send it because you were waiting for them to contact you about your late DLA form.

Sorry but you are just making things difficult for yourself and there is really no need.
  • ltcinter
    Tobruk

I know you are right, but it just seems to me that they are attempting something underhand here.

I will get my lawyer to chase them up and see what transpires.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ltcinter wrote: »
    Tobruk

I know you are right, but it just seems to me that they are attempting something underhand here.

I will get my lawyer to chase them up and see what transpires.

Why would you need to use a lawyer? Pick up the phone and ask them the question.
    The PIP form is due in about 3 weeks and you maybe in danger of missing the boat on that one as well. The DWP may refuse to discuss your case with the lawyer, again delaying your claim when all you need to do is pick up the phone..
    Are you the claimant or the partner?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport