PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cheap Slimming World Recipes ideas

Hi there, I've stolen this idea from Moneypanicker, thanks hun, who started a thread re weightwatchers recipes.

Well I have just *ahem* restarted Slimming World and although it's early days I just need that failsafe few favourite recipes (cheap of course) to whip up when I feel uninspired.

So I wondered if any of you good folk may have a selection of favourites that you have found particularly cheap and easyish, so that I can pilfer them and use them for myself.

Pretty please with [STRIKE]sugar[/STRIKE] Splenda on the top.:D

Thank you. XX
DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
It matters not if you try and fail,
And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.

Comments

• Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Anyone :confused: ?
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • Hello!!

Sorry can't add anything useful yet, but I am due to start Slimming World tomorrow :eek: So will be watching this thread with interest :D

Are you going to the classes, or doing it yourself at home?

A x
  • SPARKY16
    SPARKY16 Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    what kind of recipes are you looking for my favourite on slimming world is chips, burger, beans, and maybe an egg all cooked with frylight or chilli con carne there is lots you can eat
    when im really hungry and and need something sweet i do rice pudding with lots of sweetner
    hope this helps
  • Triker
    a1969baby wrote: »
    Hello!!

Sorry can't add anything useful yet, but I am due to start Slimming World tomorrow :eek: So will be watching this thread with interest :D

Are you going to the classes, or doing it yourself at home?

A x

Hiya thanks for the reply, decided to go to classes. Haven't got the motivation otherwise. Have tried before just doing from home but no joy. I have a new consultant and I like her which I think helps immensely.

Also as this is my third time round I don't feel so intimidated or shy and as I have a plan, which is to lose some weight before I turned forty, I will try to use this focus to get me through my non-motivated bits. Good luck at class tomorrow. XX
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi all :)

Two things here...
    1. There's a VERY good thread filled with lots of advice and support on the I wanna board:- Lose Weight 14
    2. We have a collection of recipes for those who are watching their weight and you can find it here:- Losing Weight Recipes Collection
    Please use the collection for recipes, and the Lose Weight thread for support.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Triker
    SPARKY16 wrote: »
    what kind of recipes are you looking for my favourite on slimming world is chips, burger, beans, and maybe an egg all cooked with frylight or chilli con carne there is lots you can eat
    when im really hungry and and need something sweet i do rice pudding with lots of sweetner
    hope this helps

Hi, well I just wondered if anyone had a particular favourite that they can whip up in no time and that is cheap ala moneysaving.

Also any links to slimming world recipe sites as I had loads but lost them all when my computer got a glitch ages ago.

Also I have a slowcooker and wondered also if there any recipes that anyone has that they would like to share. XX
  • Cottage pie is always good - you can make it green by doing lentils, onions, tin of toms and seasoning for the bottom with potato mash on top or as red if you use lean mince, onions adn a tin of toms with a carott and swede mash on top.
    There is a new recipe book that has just come out in class called 'Comfort Foods' and it is full of cheap looking recipes that used staples like lentils and root veg

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

• toria27
    toria27 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Hi, I am on slimming world too!!! I have lost 31Ib so far. I have just started making baked bean lasagne and its gorgeous and cheap much nicer than meat one too.

2 tins bean
    2 tins toms
    2 large onions
    2 red peppers
    some mushrooms
    lasagne sheets
    cheese
    splash worcester sauce
    splash soy sauce

fry oinions peppers and mushrooms with frylight until soft, then add all wet stuff, layer in a dish like you would normal lasagne, then cover with foil bake in oven for 20 mins on 180-200, then uncover and add cheese.

I use all tesco value ingredients in this so it works out really cheap, I add 8oz cheese and this makes 4 huge portions, it freezes really well too.

HTH
  • toria27
    toria27 Posts: 188 Forumite
    I also make rice pudding a lot in the slow cooker, using splena instead of sugar so on a green day all it uses is your milk allowance, its really nice done in there.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi all, I'll say this again...

Hi all :)

Two things here...
    1. There's a VERY good thread filled with lots of advice and support on the I wanna board:- Lose Weight 14
    2. We have a collection of recipes for those who are watching their weight and you can find it here:- Losing Weight Recipes Collection
    Please use the collection for recipes, and the Lose Weight thread for support.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport