Tesco Clubcard Vouchers - Someone elses name

2»

Comments

• iamchrisli
    iamchrisli Posts: 255
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You should be OK with Alton Towers vouchers, Merlin Passes, Bella Italia Vouchers and things like that.
    The surname doesn't matter. :)

Also, i think with the Alton Towers & Merlin passes there's a form where you fill YOUR details in anyway or the seller can fill the form in (as a "gift" for someone), giving them YOUR name - so it shouldn't be a problem. :)

Some deal partner says they would not accept the voucher as "gift". I am planning to buy some voucher over ebay (ask the seller to transfer the voucher into deal voucher first).

My question is whether the deal voucher has their surname on? Anyone here use someone else deal voucher for Virgin holiday?
    Spend smart, and save more.
  • tescbirdy
    tescbirdy Posts: 63 Forumite
    [QUOTEMy question is whether the deal voucher has their surname on? Anyone here use someone else deal voucher for Virgin holiday?[/QUOTE]

Ive booked a holiday with Virgin this year using my own deal vouchers, not only do they have my surname on them but you have to post the original vouchers to virgin. So i dont think you are going to be able to use someone elses vouchers :(
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,286
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    All deal vouchers have the name of the original Clubcard member. So there is no way you can use them for a holiday. I think the only deals that you can use without a problem, even with the original name on, are for the restaurant and days out. I have used a number of restaurant vouchers bought via e-bay without any problem.
  • mirrorimage0
    mirrorimage0 Posts: 3,918 Forumite
    i have used my mums vouchers to go with mine to book a holiday but we have the same surnames and we used cosmos i think it was, ended up saving £700 off the holiday and it was the cheapest way to do it, even online searching or the travel agents couldnt come up with a better deal on the original price
    now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • jeppy
    jeppy Posts: 3,428
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dormouse wrote: »
    You can use them instore (although some staff members might not take them - not many though). Do you have a Clubcard keyfob thingie - as they are not named - so you could use that with the vouchers no problem. :)

You can't convert them online into deals as they have to be sent to the same address where they were issued. So you could ask the friend to convert them for you and then give them to you. :)

I leant my friend some vouchers as she wanted to book a ferry and hadn't received hers. She had no problem. She repaid me and I too used her codes on my account. I also used my OHs on my account.
    ACII and Chartered so now I can focus on learning to play my beautiful Sax. 🎷
  • F1manic
    F1manic Posts: 17 Forumite
    I've used my familys vouchers before and never been stopped. Our Tesco is only small though so maybe it's different in other stores?
  • mandy
    mandy Posts: 110 Forumite
    Does anyone know if i can use mine and hubbys together for cosmos florida or virgin florida :beer:

Thanks

mandy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family