scottish power

Comments

• gjs1701
    gjs1701 Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    gjs - my electricity switched over on 6th September and I received my cheque on 23rd September.

Thanks. My electric switched on 28th August, was in credit but I haven't recieved a cheque. And I'm still waiting for a final gas bill.
  • As you will note by my post count, I don't usually post here! However, I just wanted to add that I will be switching from SP as a matter of principle. Trying to sneak me on to a tariff with a cancellation fee Grrrrrrrr :mad:
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    As you will note by my post count, I don't usually post here! However, I just wanted to add that I will be switching from SP as a matter of principle. Trying to sneak me on to a tariff with a cancellation fee Grrrrrrrr :mad:
    Hi, As a long served customer of SP, I have been very critical of them on this thread. However, today , they surprised me, as I changed to Freshstart when my 09 fixed rate expired in august,this tariff, although not available to all, is standard-5% and guarantees to match their lowest deal at any given time. As they have just brought out saver7, this tariff is £90 cheaper than freshstart, and I have just received a phone call from them to say my rate will match saver7, and no penalties apply.This is still slightly higher than EDF but I don,t have the hassle of moving.Give credit where it,s due. SP have fulfilled their pledge and I shall be staying put,. Craig, I appologise.
  • ragjoy
    ragjoy Posts: 197 Forumite
    joe134 wrote: »
    Hi, As a long served customer of SP, I have been very critical of them on this thread. However, today , they surprised me, as I changed to Freshstart when my 09 fixed rate expired in august,this tariff, although not available to all, is standard-5% and guarantees to match their lowest deal at any given time. As they have just brought out saver7, this tariff is £90 cheaper than freshstart, and I have just received a phone call from them to say my rate will match saver7, and no penalties apply.This is still slightly higher than EDF but I don,t have the hassle of moving.Give credit where it,s due. SP have fulfilled their pledge and I shall be staying put,. Craig, I appologise.
    well thats great for you,but its a bit late in the day really for most of us.
  • Well Lady_K according to the Scottish Power Rep I eventually got this morning, its not at all confusing!!!! It went something like this. Me " Im on Premier plus and I cant find that package mentioned, to do comparisons . "" SP "Premier Plus just means DD" me- Oh, ok, but how do I know what the package is?" SP "Ive just said - it means Direct Debit - all premier plus are DD " me-" Yes I understood that, are you saying that Premier plus is also the name of the package?" SP "Yes its an ordinary package -you just fill in that you want to pay by DD and the options will come up." me - but it doesnt come up , theres no Premier Plus there ! SP - "It is! its just an ordinary DD !!!!"
    All that just to get to the point where Im presuming I just put 'standard' in the rate Im on - havent looked yet if thats an option for a single fuel, I hope so anyway.
    Lady_K wrote: »
    Scottish Power Rep please advise

That is what I would like to know too, its not on scottish powers website either how confusing is that!

My daughter is on both elec and gas premier plus I tried to find it on uswitch and had to choose duel fuel online. If there is a rep here please enlighten us. I want to know if there is a cheaper package with scottish power without a tie in to contract as daughter may not be in the property for a year or is she on the cheapest? shes on fixed direct debit for both.

Does moving house cancel out any contract without charge please?

The uswitch search when selecting duel fuel online as there was no premier plus option came up with the cheaper option of " Online Energy Saver 7 Dual Fuel from ScottishPower " but is that better than the premier plus shes on please?
  • joe134
    edited 28 September 2009 at 2:32PM
    ragjoy wrote: »
    well thats great for you,but its a bit late in the day really for most of us.
    Yes, I know, I was about to move myself today if SP didn,t agree to honour their word.They were wrong in what they have done, it,s a pity they didn,t treat all their customers with respect. they would not have had the mass exodus that they have had.I have held out for so long expecting them to bring in a new tariff, i have logged it enough, and they have. It,s not the best by far, but it,s not the worst.I have always been a happy punter till they brought the 09 penalty in, that is bad practise, and they are not the only company doing it; If for any reason they do not treat me with the respect that all customers should have I will be off;However, as I have changed several times, I find most companies are similar,stop the cashbacks and this thread would be very short, thats the problem, cashbacks,no loyalty bonus, you can go on the saver7, or is the cashback the real incentive, not the tariff.? The "tarts", not implying you are one have a lot to answer for, and the companies themselves have instigated the "tarts".Nothing wrong with fines if you know they are there
  • joe134
    If you are thinking of moving company, beware, as companies can now put up their gas prices 2 months without notifying customers, so what you see on comparison sites for gas, may not be what you get when change over applies.I have notified the main board so MSE should Highlight this fact, Which et.al know about it.And you think SP are underhand?
  • smileyt_2
    smileyt_2 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Aaargh I am FURIOUS! I have just received an e-mail from SP saying they have put me on the locked in tarriff until August 2010. I ticked the 'no thanks' option on the original e-mail. And it isn't even the 30 September yet.

I have sent them a very snotty e-mail but I am fuming. How dare they? :mad: I have mental health problems and this kind of thing doesn't help, I am nearly in tears here with frustration and distress at the amount of time it will take them to sort it out, if they ever do.

It's perhaps just as well we're not allowed to swear on here.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Aspire not to have more but to be more.
    Oscar Romero

Still trying to be frugal...
  • joe134
    smileyt wrote: »
    Aaargh I am FURIOUS! I have just received an e-mail from SP saying they have put me on the locked in tarriff until August 2010. I ticked the 'no thanks' option on the original e-mail. And it isn't even the 30 September yet.

I have sent them a very snotty e-mail but I am fuming. How dare they? :mad: I have mental health problems and this kind of thing doesn't help, I am nearly in tears here with frustration and distress at the amount of time it will take them to sort it out, if they ever do.

It's perhaps just as well we're not allowed to swear on here.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Do not rely on E-mails, phone them 0800400200, they cannot lock you in if you phone today and opt out.Why e=mail when the phone is free?do it today;they have spam boxes too, exept ther,s is more convenient than yours.
  • I would love to go onto online saver 7 but can`t do it without penalty as I am on discounted energy online nsc july 2010

Its a pity as I was getting to like SP. Oh well
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport