ChaCha Is No More

To all those who work for or use ChaCha, I just received this email

Dear UK Guides,

It is with a heavy heart that I announce ChaCha will no longer be offering our service in the UK and plan to stop incoming and outgoing texts on Friday, April 20th, 2012. This pains us because of all the hard work and dedication you have all contributed to the ChaCha service in the UK.

ChaCha began its UK service 9 months ago as an alternative to similar text-based services which charge premium rates for Q&A. Our mission was simply to provide quality answers at 1/15 the cost of the current competition. After months of direct advertising, branding events, marketing advice from UK leaders, and initiatives designed to help spread the word socially, we've found that adoption rates for new price-competitive services are quite low in the UK.

Any and all success we have had in the UK can be attributed to you, our Guides, who provided quality answers and helped us spread the word about the service. We would like to thank you for your service and support during the last 9 months.

Please note that we will process any and all remaining Guide funds from your ChaCha accounts and transfer those on Friday, April 20th.

With Warmest Regards-

Doug Gilmore - VP of Operations ChaCha Search Inc.

That's a shame :(
:DDEBT FREE SINCE 25.07.14! :D
Debt at Highest (November 2010) - circa £40k

Comments

• Avon2001
    Avon2001 Posts: 99 Forumite
    Hi, has anyone had their money yet? I'm still waiting for mine. Any suggestions?
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've never heard of them.
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    prowla wrote: »

Me neither
  • I've not been paid yet either Avon. I got an email from them last night saying they were hoping to tie things up by the end of the week.
  • prowla wrote: »
    hermum wrote: »
    Me neither

And herein lies the problem!!!!
  • m-bee
    m-bee Posts: 47 Forumite
    That's why I couldn't get in to the site a couple days ago. I was looking to start up with them.
  • Has anyone been paid yet by ChaCha in UK? how much are you owed? (I'm a journalist writing this up...)
  • IngridL wrote: »
    Has anyone been paid yet by ChaCha in UK? how much are you owed? (I'm a journalist writing this up...)

there's nothing to write up...everyone will get paid...
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    With the proliferation of snartphones and free WiFi, this sort of service was doomed from the start. At least all the people will get paid, so they at least had an exit plan in place rather than simply just shutting-up shop and disappearing.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• charlishae
    charlishae Posts: 184 Forumite
    did anyone else get the axe a while agoi when they got rid of a lot of people cos there wasnt enough work? i just remembered I had earnt some money and never got it, wonder if they will pay up?
    Stay at home mum and blogger who loves to earn money online! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure