Debenhams/Santander credit card

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post. In October a Debenhams/Santander credit card statement was received at my address. It was addressed to someone that I'd never heard of and that has never lived at the address. I opened the envelope as the Debenhams logo was displayed and I do have a Debenhams account. I checked the account number which was not the same as mine but there was an outstanding balance in excess of £1,000. I contacted Debenhams but as I was not the named account holder they would not discuss the matter with me. I was told to return the letter stating the named person did not live at the address.
In November a further envelope was received and promptly returned. Last week another envelope arrived - this was opened and it transpires that 2 payments have now been missed! I rang them up and was again told to return the letter as they couldn't discuss the matter with me. I asked to speak to a supervisor/team leader and after holding on for ages was told that there wasn't one available.
Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve the matter and get Debenhams/Santander to look into this and stop sending the statements to my address? I am very concerned that if this is not resolved quickly that my address will be black-listed and that it could affect my credit rating.
Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Addresses don't get black listed.

Write them a letter, clearly informing them that the person doesn't live at that address, send recorded delivery. Hopefully they will pay attention. However, from their point of view, yours is the only address they have for someone who owes them money - so they may well keep trying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure