MBT shoes - half price in John Lewis from £145 to £72

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    No there are mens as well.

The products are here (no connection except satisfied user)
    http://www.swissmasai.co.uk/Products.aspx

If you look under available sizes it will show either a female symbol, or a male symbol or both.

I suspect John Lewis do not necessarily stock all the products, but then neither will shoe shops that sell them, but they might be able to order them in.
  • Guapa1
    Guapa1 Posts: 890 Forumite
    Harrods has them on sale too for £40!! You need to be fitted though as I came up as a 36.5 (I'm usually a 38) and they didn't have my size. These were the basic black ones, the nicest I've seen. I was gutted as my physio has told me in a while I'll be able to try them for my back. That is all she ever wears.
    Getting there... A deal at a time. :T
  • lisyloo
    You need to be fitted though

Yep I'll second that. The sizes may not match your normal size.

Also thought I'd mention that I was having cramp in my toes at exercise classes, so I started wearing my MBTs and I've not had cramp since.
    I also find the negative heel works well for calf stretches etc. as you can get that extra bit of stretch as your heel can go further.

DON'T exercise in them until you've watched the DVD and practised walking in them first. They take a bit of getting used to, so be careful.
    As with any exercise, you can get injured if you don't pay attention to safety.
  • yenners
    yenners Posts: 341 Forumite
    wow, £40 is a great price and I'd buy another one in black for that price. I have a day off tomorrow, might check to see if they have my size. I'm a 37
    Not buying clothes for a year - it's liberating!
  • scurr
    scurr Posts: 295 Forumite
    FWIW, I have a pair of MBTs I've worn for work for 2 years now - ok they don't look great with a suit but I'm making a statement wearing them - and now lots of other people arewearing trainers for work - RESULT! Anyway, I found last summer when I switched to flipflops (am a teacher, long hol & the MBTs just looked strange with shorts!) my back started causing problems within days - and I'm so thick I didn't make the connection - until when the weather changed & I was back in the MBTs my back started improving. I'm convinced - hope this info helps anyone who's not sure.
  • hamzramz
    hamzramz Posts: 283 Forumite
    For that price there isn't much shoe. They do not look attractive to wear and the price, it should be condemned on MSE!
  • lisyloo
    For that price there isn't much shoe.

But there is a hell of a lot of sole (no pun intended).
    They are very robust and will last for ages.
    When my husbands laces broke I asked the shoe shop to order some more and they were provided free of charge.
    and the price, it should be condemned on MSE!
    Has saved me a fotune on physio and painkillers.
    Ask people who have had back problems every day for years whether they'd be prepared to pay the money to get rid of their back problems.
    I had back problems for a number of years and had become quite depressed about the pain as I never thought it would go away.

If you are perfectly healthy then perhaps it's not worthwhile, but for some people these can be a godsend.

As already stated you need to use them properly and follow the instructions.
  • hamzramz
    hamzramz Posts: 283 Forumite
    lisyloo wrote: »
    But there is a hell of a lot of sole (no pun intended).
    They are very robust and will last for ages.
    When my husbands laces broke I asked the shoe shop to order some more and they were provided free of charge.

Has saved me a fotune on physio and painkillers.
    Ask people who have had back problems every day for years whether they'd be prepared to pay the money to get rid of their back problems.
    I had back problems for a number of years and had become quite depressed about the pain as I never thought it would go away.

If you are perfectly healthy then perhaps it's not worthwhile, but for some people these can be a godsend.

As already stated you need to use them properly and follow the instructions.

I suppose some people find them useful, but I can't see myself spending over 70quid for these.
  • Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post
    Guapa1 wrote: »
    Harrods has them on sale too for £40!! You need to be fitted though as I came up as a 36.5 (I'm usually a 38) and they didn't have my size. These were the basic black ones, the nicest I've seen. I was gutted as my physio has told me in a while I'll be able to try them for my back. That is all she ever wears.

I would like to get some of these shoes as I have back pain and tendonlitist (sorry for spelling:o )
    I walk for miles so this sort of thing would be great... I tried my friends pair and they are so comfy and they make you walk faster too.

I just couldn't pay £145 for new... they sell on ebay but they can still cost £70+ and not in the colour you would want... might have to check out Harrods and John Lewis!
    thanks
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • yenners
    yenners Posts: 341 Forumite
    Wiggynut wrote: »
    I would like to get some of these shoes as I have back pain and tendonlitist (sorry for spelling:o )
    I walk for miles so this sort of thing would be great... I tried my friends pair and they are so comfy and they make you walk faster too.

I just couldn't pay £145 for new... they sell on ebay but they can still cost £70+ and not in the colour you would want... might have to check out Harrods and John Lewis!
    thanks

Hi Wiggynut, I wasat Harrods yesterday and they only had 3 pairs left, in UK size 3 and 3.5 so don't bother unless you're lucky enough to fit that shoe size.

JL is better bet as they had loads of size available when I bought mine
    Not buying clothes for a year - it's liberating!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure