First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would think like liquids it would have to be under 100 ml
    2015 wins £4.00 not mse:(
    2014 £44.00:mad:2013 £83.00 2012 £601.50
    2011 £1554.50 2010 £698.00 2009 £2793.00
    2008 £2816.00 2007 £1034.00
  • never_enough
    never_enough Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    Not as hand luggage, but fine in checked in luggage. A friend had some confiscated recently flying from Gatwick.
  • Sazere
    Sazere Posts: 789 Forumite
    sooz wrote: »
    (or maybe you could freeze it, and then it's solid not liquid? :D )......when i travelled last month i had to taste 6 bottle of water for making the baby's milk, but forgot the one ready made bottle that he'd not finished in the taxi! oops. i was dragged off to the side, and made to drink SMA............eerugh!!!

Ha Ha, we're going next month - I wonder if you would have to taste expressed b/milk? Might rush through security with the kids and leave hubby with the baby and the milk! Will he be brave enough to taste:rotfl:
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    i think you can have the baby try it too, but i was left on my own, so i was made to drink it....they'd all gone off to duty free and left me!
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Last time I went on a plane in december they were putting all liquid and gel substances into clear carrier bags after checking them all. The ones who were having stuff like that checked had to wait in a queue for ages.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • jetboy
    jetboy Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    not that long ago they were making people taste baby products including expressed milk! Not sure if that's been relaxed. Contrary to what the DFT would have you believe airports all still have variations in these policies putting an element of luck in your travel plans.They all however stick to the 100ml liquid rule. Technically, with regard to the marmalade you cannot use a container designed for over 100ml and just leave 100ml in it. The container must hold 100ml or less. The sample pots sounds like a good idea.
    Timmay!
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    we went in the same queue as everyone else at heathrow with all our water and milk, but don't worry, even if they do make you or you OH try expressed milk, you don't have to down it!! i was allowed to put a couple of drops on the back of my hand and lick it...even though the SMA was still icky! (not entirely sure why the baby likes it, but he does and wont drink any other brand....i'd had to stop breast feeding for that trip, due to all the vaccinations....such a shame as it would have been a lot easier and cheaper....)
  • horace_2
    horace_2 Posts: 636 Forumite
    I am bemused by airport security.
    One cannot carry pointed objects such as scissors, nail files etc but I am often (not always) given a stainless steel knife, fork and spoon for the in flight meal!!!! Stupid or worse??

Yes, it does get worse.

As weapons go if you were a determined terrorist bent on hi jacking a flight what would you consider to be the difference between a pair of scissors and a ballpoint pen?

Careful, as my mother used to say, you will have someone`s eye out with that.

P.S It`s not the jam it`s the glass container which is the problem.

horace.
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    They took my water from me and my lighters - which I couldn't really understand as I could buy more when I got to the other side :confused: I think they just want you to spend money :mad:
  • Ria
    Ria Posts: 208 Forumite
    Still no definitive answer to my original query.
    There is nothing in XL or BAA websites that says you cannot take glass objects in hand luggage - I am confused!.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure