Help me set an Avon sunrise alarm clock please

My son bought this for me as I mentioned I would like a sunrise alarm clock. He saw it second hand and thought great. It had no instructions and try as I might I can't seem to set the alarm. I can't get the time set and tomorrow the clocks go back. I can't reset it for the clocks. Help please
Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money but you can't get more time

Comments

• tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My son bought this for me as I mentioned I would like a sunrise alarm clock. He saw it second hand and thought great. It had no instructions and try as I might I can't seem to set the alarm. I can't get the time set and tomorrow the clocks go back. I can't reset it for the clocks. Help please

Sorry can't help with setting the clock but I think you'll find the clocks 'Spring' forwards not back tonight..
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    According to EID they can be obtained for somewhere between £10 and £20 brand new. Made in China - not very good reviews apparently. Try asking Avon on Monday perhaps?

BTW clocks go forward tonight.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • dander
    dander Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, I've got one of these and they're dead easy once you get the hang of it.

1 - Press and hold the mode button - if it says alarm at the top of the display you're in the alarm function, if it doesn't then you're in the time function.
    2 - Press and hold the set button until the AM/PM starts flashing.
    3 - Toggle with the up down buttons on the right.
    4 - When you're happy press set and then hour will start flashing, use the up/down buttons - press set again and the minutes will flash. Press set after doing the minutes and everything should stop flashing and you're good to go.

Pressing and holding the button marked alarm will turn the alarm on or off - you'll get a little alarm icon under the am/pm if the alarm is set. Slider on the back lets you set whether you just use alarm, just light or alarm and light.

I think they're great for the money, (mine was £12 from Avon) but do have limitations. Because of the light, they get through more batteries than a regular alarm clock, so it's worth using rechargables. And because it's battery rather than mains, the light is not enormously bright and I don't think it would be enough to wake you on its own. However, I do find when I use the light with the alarm (It slowly warms up before the alarm goes off) I find I'm already stirring and the alarm just kind of finishes the job, rather than coming as a dreadful shock. It definitely makes it a more gentle wake-up than an alarm on its own.
  • Wisp
    Wisp Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought one of these in the local thrift shop for £3 with no instructions as keen to try out, experimenting to see if any difference in my sleep wake cycle (I could sleep for England! & nothing medically wrong). Thanks soooo much for your posting.:j
  • Did you manage to figure it out? I still have the instructions they sent me.
    Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money but you can't get more time
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure