PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Super Scrimpers

Comments

• LutonGirl wrote: »
    I had to laugh at Lady PoshBird with her second hand fur coat and her top Xmas tips - use game from your grounds for a pie and a Christmas tree from the estate. I'm sure my local council will be thrilled when I start taking a tree from the estate...

Pick the wrong Estate and you'd be needing a shotgun.

Which could end up with you bagging a couple of bull terriers for the pot, I suppose. Nobody in law enforcement would notice a mad woman wrapped in a dead animal carrying a shotgun and Mickey Wells from number 52's Christmas Tree, would they?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Mickey Wells

????????

Okay, You've lost me!! Had a quick Google and got nowt!!
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • sonastin
    sonastin Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    I find the best way to watch is to record and then wind fast through all the stupid bits, repeated bits (for those with the attention span of a gnat), patronising bits etc. It doesn't take long to watch!:rotfl:

How to superscrimp a TV series...
    shoot 15 minutes of footage
    record 30 minutes of voice over
    edit in different combinations to make an hours show
    re-edit in more different combinations to make another hours show to sell again for broadcast when the schedules are a bit bare
    use all 15 minutes of footage to make 15 different trailers to advertise the show in the hope that the audience will think that there is lots more to it :D
  • CupOfChai
    CupOfChai Posts: 1,411 Forumite
    I'm wondering what sort of car boot sales have got Sharon Osbourne's old clothes!

Wasn't keen on that homemade cracker either, I'm sure you could make much nicer looking ones. And it didn't have a bang!
  • Frugalista
    Frugalista Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was gagging watching the Duchess and the old popstar making pastry/gingerbread both with handfuls of rings on :(. There was pastry stuck all over them. Yeuch!!!
    "Men are generally more careful of the breed(ing) of their horses and dogs than of their children" - William Penn 1644-1718
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Naff was the word that came to mind! I think one may have slightly different jumble sales in those parts :eek: Round here they could smell the £250 in your pocket and you would have it lifted pretty damn quick.

I recorded it luckily so I could fast forward the 'Agadoo' bits, of which there were many :mad:

Im sorry but if they think that much of that was of any use to us in the real world then they are sadly mistaken. Just pop on the celebration thread and see the quality of gifts being made by MSE'ers for pennies - good enough for Harrods.My family love my HM gifts and I wouldnt dare wrap up the junk they showed last night.

And they never once mentioned the many uses of Fleece - we all use it on MSE:T...wanders off to check the light bulbs in my chandalier....
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one who thought this was absolute rubbish! I tried to watch it once before and gave up halfway through (well nearly!) Seeing that it was a Christmas show I thought that I'd give it another try...
    Bring back Shirley Goode with her Christmas budget tips on Pebble Mill!
    Now I'm showing my age! (She still blogs if anyone would like to take a look)
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It was utter drivel! DH was getting really fed up with the agadoo crowd.He reckoned the buffet they provided wasnt going to be instead of their usual outrageous do at their local it would just be as well as. Fools and money he was muttering as he left the room. I decided to make him the Xmas hairband as I know he'll be soooo impressed.
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • jackel
    jackel Posts: 201 Forumite
    Hi everyone - Had a giggle at your comments. Have got it recorded but shall scrimp and save the leccy by not bothering. Do so agree with Jackie O that there is a huge potential audience out there. I think they are just taking the mickey out of people like us.

Jac xx
  • purple.sarah
    purple.sarah Posts: 2,517 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I almost had a heart attack when that woman took scissors to a book. Definitely won't be trying that one.

The game pie looked horrible. Of course, one tends not to have excess game birds on one's grounds in these parts.

I quite liked the finished decoration though, I might try it as I love books but I have lots and some are worn out and too tatty for the charity shop, it's better than throwing them away. I guess you could also use newspaper.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure