AC Nielsen/Fact Finders - Don't Bother!

Morning all

Having meticulously scanned all my shopping every time couple of days when I returned from the shops for the last five months I was more than disappointed to discover I'd only earned enough to get a glass vase (think Ikea as opposed to Lalique). Other gift choices were of similar value, such as a can opener which I found on Amazon for £17.

I was even more disappointed when it arrived last week, it wasn't even the one in the gift catalogue but one of seconds quality and a much cheaper design.

I'm currently waiting for Fact Finders to respond to my email, but just wanted to let others know that for the time and effort it's a pittance and you're better off avoiding this company - no wonder they're always recruiting :angry:

Comments

• Ammie
    Ammie Posts: 395 Forumite
    I've been with them for 10 months and have 5200 points. I'm not expecting to get much with them but continue to scan because I have it now and may as well continue.

I was offered the chance to scan my shopping with Consumer Pulse but because I had AC Nielsen I didn't do it, doing that is tedious enough, maybe I should've gone with Consumer.

I hope you get the vase you sent off for, cheeky mares!
  • lovethymini
    lovethymini Posts: 718 Forumite
    Thanks Ammie.

I've worked out it equates to about a pound a week :eek: ... Definately not worth it for me,I was probably scanning for about an hour per week for that pound.

The vase cost 2150 points. I've closed my account and sent the scanner back.
  • I used to do them too but gave up when my phone started ringing at 1am every night. It was really tedious for the amount of reward, im with shop and scan now and it is really easy and worth far more. When i closed my AC account they took away my points! I had to argue with them to get it back. All i that i wanted that was affordable was a set of bathroom scales but 2 weeks later they told me they were out of stock so i ordered a silicone Jamie Oliver baking tray, it was nice but not worth months of labour at the end of each shopping trip.
    Nicotine Free as of 17th December 06 :j
  • Ammie
    Ammie Posts: 395 Forumite
    I used to do them too but gave up when my phone started ringing at 1am every night. It was really tedious for the amount of reward, im with shop and scan now and it is really easy and worth far more. When i closed my AC account they took away my points! I had to argue with them to get it back. All i that i wanted that was affordable was a set of bathroom scales but 2 weeks later they told me they were out of stock so i ordered a silicone Jamie Oliver baking tray, it was nice but not worth months of labour at the end of each shopping trip.

Is shop and scan the Consumer Pulse one? If so do I have to wait to get invited again?

This thread has helped me to make up my mind and send my scanner back, besides the scanner is so ugly.[STRIKE]I'm eyeing a stainless steel retro toaster so need 1350 more points[/STRIKE] :rolleyes: I'm eyeing up the Premier Double Size Quilt and the pair of pillows, 5200 points exactly. I better order them before I quit.
  • chuckley
    chuckley Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    i see it as sumtim for nothin. i dont mind it as i dont scan all shopping.

pointless when u earn a set amount a week regardless of the amount of items scanned.
  • tee_pee_2
    tee_pee_2 Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    I am a scanner with factfinders and I want to quit but just trying to do something with my points first.
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    i was with factfinders/ac nielsen for about 8 months and it was very tedious - scanning the barcode and then inputting how many brough etc etc etc and the number of times you had to scan bar codes out of the book for fruit and veg and also meat as well as input was iot organic , fresh or pre pack ect etc

i saved enough for a food steamer and then i quit

now with shop and scan which pays 1500 point a week plus also with food onthe go which pays 5000 points a week so much better that you can convert points to shop at amazon, argos and other high street stores
  • They have Bosch Cordless Secateurs available just now for 8900 points. Sells for £68 in Argos.
    Everybody dies, but not everyone truly lives
  • reeree
    reeree Posts: 935 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2009 at 1:55PM
    Thanks Ammie.

I've worked out it equates to about a pound a week :eek: ... Definately not worth it for me,I was probably scanning for about an hour per week for that pound.

The vase cost 2150 points. I've closed my account and sent the scanner back.

were you using the old type scanner, theyve sent me a new one, much smaller and quicker, i can scan all my shopping in under 10 minutes now as opposed to a good half hour,
  • I agree that this is too much effort for too little reward.

I was saving up for a veg steamer before dropping out but now I've got enough points, its nowhere to be seen. :mad:

They can't get very accurate results as I can't be the only one who can't be bothered to scan every single item that I buy because it doesn't pay well enough.

They also asked us to fill in a very personal questionnaire - for the whole family - which I just haven't bothered with. Names, DOB, height, weight, dress size....

I don't agree that it is money for nothing. Afraid I too have to advise you all to steer clear.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure