Get a free letter from Father Christmas!

Comments

• The freebies sound like a good option to try, but if you're going to pay for one, can I suggest not a commercial operation but a charity. ChildLine (now part of NSPCC) have been doing these for years and they're pretty good: they just ask for a suggested donation of £5 a letter. http://www.nspccwishes.org.uk

Updated 25 November 2008
    What's this about?

Tons of companies are charging parents, grandparents, aunties and uncles a tenner a time to reply to children's letters addressed to Father Christmas. Yet there's an easy way to get a free reply.

How to do it

Children should post a letter, with stamp, before 12 December (though preferably earlier) to:

Santa, Santa's Grotto,
    Reindeerland, SAN TA1

And according to the Royal Mail, Father Christmas will write back to them 'personally'.

Feedback

If you've done this in past years or are trying it for the first time now, please report back how it all went. Hopefully the kids will be as astonished and proud as I was when I got my letter 20-odd years ago!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
  • have done the https://www.freelettersfromsantaclaus.com letters and there are brill !!!
  • aaah thats a lovely idea. I love that
    :eek: sprouts
  • i got my two children to write but as i only receive one letter back from santa i could not let them have it otherwise my other child would of been gutted, tryed the following year and the same thing happened again, i wont be trying again, i now make up my own reply on the computer at home
  • njb286
    njb286 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you've done this in past years or are trying it for the first time now, please report back how it all went. Hopefully the kids will be as astonished and proud as I was when I got my letter 20-odd years ago!

I did it last year and both children got a brilliant reply well before Christmas - a great service!
    Mother, wife, ex-teacher, ex-mortgage advisor, support worker, full-time woman!!

Competition wins 2021
    £100 Amazon vouchers
    iPad
    Pink lady apple tree in an orchard in France
    Tea for two and pottery session
    Paralympic Homecoming Party - Wembley Arena

• I use the disney website, from Santa Clause the movie you can print off a nice letter and I post it my children and they love it.
    https://www.disney.go.com
    :xmastree: karen :A
  • Updated 25 November 2008
    What's this about?

Tons of companies are charging parents, grandparents, aunties and uncles a tenner a time to reply to children's letters addressed to Father Christmas. Yet there's an easy way to get a free reply.

How to do it

Children should post a letter, with stamp, before 12 December (though preferably earlier) to:

Santa, Santa's Grotto,
    Reindeerland, SAN TA1

And according to the Royal Mail, Father Christmas will write back to them 'personally'.

Feedback

do u have 2 add your email adress
  • we too tryed the royal mails letter but only one turned up, and they wert nothing great, so we went to santaspecialletters .com .
    they were great personalised with free gifts and on desent paper.
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    I do this every year (my dad told me about it lol) and the three children always get replies :)
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • do you mean the one from the Post office? i was about to send too...:xmassign:
    A friend is a present which you give yourself (R.Stevenson)
    Happiness seems made to be shared (Jean Racine)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure