Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    That sounds similar to my conversations with you too :rotfl::rotfl:
    Oh yeah. A bit of transference there :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds so lovely, Tilly - all I'd say is that that *is* retirement, in that you won't be travelling elsewhere to "sell" your labour - retirement from doing that, and instead filling your life with ways of making a good living, and a good life, with things, people and places that you love. More power to your elbow :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 November 2014 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Hey Tilly - hope you have had a safe and 'uneventful journey' back to us :D

I've just seen a post by Caterina on the OS board; Buy Nothing Day 29th Nov. 2014 and I thought that it may interest you. I have just watched the video (at the top of the page) and I think that it is an extremely slick and extremely contemporary way of making people think about their spending. It may (or may not) interest any teachers who have to include any financial education/general studies classes in their curriculum. Not as a method of indoctrination - just, 'we have adverts and marketing.... and then there's another point of view that looks at not buying stuff.......' The *rap* style may well engage a young audience (or it may not......... :o)

The video is about 4 minutes long - very good 'poetry' and the last image is ............

Greying x

Edit: I forgot to add that the video ties in very nicely with MMM's latest post..........:D
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Poppy_Golightly
    Options
    Agreed GP, a very good film. That last scene sums it up perfectly.
    Flowers are sunshine for the soul
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Out of interest, if anyone who reads my MF diary keeps a small holding, I'd love to hear from them.

Thanks, Tilly x

You called :rotfl:

I have a smallholding (well I have 2 fields near my house which everyone calls a smallholding - I call it the fields:rotfl:)

We keep chickens and geese for eggs, we breed turkeys and sell some at Xmas and every few years we have lambs. We are contemplating pigs and have been meaning to do it for a few years but never get round to it.
    (we also have 1 duck (rescue) and 2 goats who are a pain in the bottom)

What would you like to know?
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning Greying, I've shared the video on FB as well. It would be good for all 15-20 yr olds to watch as well.

Thanks Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    You called :rotfl:

I have a smallholding (well I have 2 fields near my house which everyone calls a smallholding - I call it the fields:rotfl:)

We keep chickens and geese for eggs, we breed turkeys and sell some at Xmas and every few years we have lambs. We are contemplating pigs and have been meaning to do it for a few years but never get round to it.
    (we also have 1 duck (rescue) and 2 goats who are a pain in the bottom)

What would you like to know?

Morning Eager_Elephant, thanks SO much for stopping by.

How many acres do you have?
    Have you felt the need to be organic? Sorry if I upset anyone but I'd just be happy to say free range to people.
    Are you set up as a business to sell?
    Do you find geese eggs sell well? That's just me being nosy, unlikely to have any :o

I'll PM you with more questions as I don't want to drive people mad with my inane questions.

Many thanks Tilly x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Eager_Elephant, thanks SO much for stopping by.

I'll PM you with more questions as I don't want to drive people mad with my inane questions.

Many thanks Tilly x x
    Nooooo! As long as Eager Elephant's okay with it, please keep it on the thread! I'd love to read about it, and, um, its your thread anyway :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ohhhh please keep questions on thread ...its your thread anyway :)
    Would love to read them.
    Have 3.5 acres here and whilst the horses use them mostly I do have a hunch I could do better!
    Was offered a pig by vet a couple of years ago but Mr Watty said no. Times are changing around here though and am hesitantly wondering if some of the land could be used????
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Another vote to keep questions here on the thread! It makes for interesting reading - love the diversity of info we get across the threads! :D xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure