JSA Sanction - What to do now??

Comments

• busy_mom_2
    busy_mom_2 Posts: 1,391
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you are on Work Programme, you should raise official complaint with provider, then take to Independent Examiner. You should also track down & hassle the person in your Jobcentre who manages their side of Work Programme.[/QUOTE]

No person in a jobcentre manages the work program, yes raise the official complaint and follow the independent review but no-on in a local office manages the programe only supports the referral process and manages the payments.
  • if you have enough evidence and the appeal still doesn"t work, then take the work programme to small claims court and get your money back, you will probably win....just a thought
  • Would it not be easier just to get a job?
  • jumperjohn wrote: »
    Would it not be easier just to get a job?

Fantastic response so constructive...proud of ya!!! Looking forward to the time you become unemployed and realise what its like looking for work. Worked since leaving school in 1978 except for last 18 months. As its an employers market where's the jobs eh? eh?
  • Mintstrel wrote: »
    Fantastic response so constructive...proud of ya!!! Looking forward to the time you become unemployed and realise what its like looking for work. Worked since leaving school in 1978 except for last 18 months. As its an employers market where's the jobs eh? eh?

And you are? This isn't your thread. If you can't find a job then move as thousands of others have done, or re-train, or stay on the dole, I know which I'd chose and have chosen.

Back to the OP that you hijacked. If he has no money until at least December my advice is to get a job, anywhere, doing anything. What's your logical advice Spock eh, eh?
  • Mintstrel
    Mintstrel Posts: 47 Forumite
    jumperjohn wrote: »
    And you are? This isn't your thread. If you can't find a job then move as thousands of others have done, or re-train, or stay on the dole, I know which I'd chose and have chosen.

Back to the OP that you hijacked. If he has no money until at least December my advice is to get a job, anywhere, doing anything. What's your logical advice Spock eh, eh?

Not your thread either sunshine, but you came out with the immortal words "get a job". Where are these "jobs" that can be walked straight into? Ain't as easy as you think. I know what I would rather chose and it ain't the bleeding dole...ok!...Matey!
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    laurac242 wrote: »
    The training programme is for a year I think. You are supposed to attend whenever the appointments come through, there is no set days etc. Its basically just to do job searches and stuff.
    I dont know what appointments I have supposedly missed. Im only aware of one and that was because the appointment was on 25th and the letter sent to tell me about the appointment was dated 28th.

The appointments are sent out by letter. If you phone about appointments, they tell you to wait for a letter to be sent out

I have queried this with the provider and they are convinced that letters had been sent with appointments and that I had not attended. I cannot prove that these had not been recieved by me
    did you not provide evidence in your appeal? a letter dated 28th for an appointment 3 days earlier sounds like pretty good evidence you are innocent to me. did you make copy and enclose it with your appeal? also the appeal form should have been sent via recorded delivery. this is because they have a habit of purposely losing forms and without the form the sanction stands.
  • benefitbaby
    benefitbaby Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    laurac242 wrote: »
    I have appealed against the decision and have lost the case.

I do not understand this.... appeals take months and JSA sanction appeals are heard by a Judge at tribunal - do you mean the DWP decision maker has reconsidered the decision but not changed it as this is not the same thing.

For JSA sanctions a reconsideration request (in writing or on the phone) or an appeal (on GL24 form) must be submitted within 5 days of the sanction setting out your good cause (or in your case outright denial of the alleged sanctionable offence).

If you had a reconsideration and the decision was not changed the DWP must confirm this in writing and you have a right of appeal to tribunal.

In the meantime....
    - do speak to your MP
    - do make a Data Protection request (and escalate to the Information Commissioners Office if this is refused)
    - do contact your local CAB (or similar) for help to access charitable support
    - and here is the decision maker guidance on hardship payments www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch35.pdf
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I do not understand this.... appeals take months and JSA sanction appeals are heard by a Judge at tribunal - do you mean the DWP decision maker has reconsidered the decision but not changed it as this is not the same thing.

For JSA sanctions a reconsideration request (in writing or on the phone) or an appeal (on GL24 form) must be submitted within 5 days of the sanction setting out your good cause (or in your case outright denial of the alleged sanctionable offence).

If you had a reconsideration and the decision was not changed the DWP must confirm this in writing and you have a right of appeal to tribunal.

In the meantime....
    - do speak to your MP
    - do make a Data Protection request (and escalate to the Information Commissioners Office if this is refused)
    - do contact your local CAB (or similar) for help to access charitable support
    - and here is the decision maker guidance on hardship payments www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch35.pdf
    i have only known one person it has happened to. they recieved a letter saying there was a doubt on their claim. they replied with an explaination only to get a letter back saying they were going to be sanctioned. they didnt ask for a reconsideration or anything like that. they saved time by skipping straight to the appeal form. they got someone important to agree to be named as representative should it go to a hearing. they included copies of evidence and sent it recorded. within 2 or 3 weeks they heard they had won.
  • Morlock
    Morlock Posts: 3,265 Forumite
    i have only known one person it has happened to. they recieved a letter saying there was a doubt on their claim. they replied with an explaination only to get a letter back saying they were going to be sanctioned. they didnt ask for a reconsideration or anything like that. they saved time by skipping straight to the appeal form.

Section 102 of the Welfare Reform Act 2012 is putting an end to that loophole. It effectively introduces a mandatory reconsideration of revision before appeal. The government are yet to decide whether to continue benefit payments during that reconsideration period, as is currently the case pending an appeal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure