How much will it cost to drop the curb?

zeddy_2
zeddy_2 Posts: 116 Forumite
Hi

I am just in the process of buying my first house at the moment and am hoping to put a driveway into the front garden. However, I can't seem to find too much information into the cost of putting i a dropped curb.:confused:

I understand that you need to obtain a license from the local council - which costs £152, and that then allows you to carry out the work. But I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they know roughly how much it will cost to actually have the work carried out on the curb?

Thanks!

Comments

• chuckles1066
    chuckles1066 Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    zeddy wrote: »
    Hi

I am just in the process of buying my first house at the moment and am hoping to put a driveway into the front garden. However, I can't seem to find too much information into the cost of putting i a dropped curb.:confused:

I understand that you need to obtain a license from the local council - which costs £152, and that then allows you to carry out the work. But I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they know roughly how much it will cost to actually have the work carried out on the curb?

Thanks!

It cost me £700 last year.
    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky

Any advice that you receive from me is worth exactly what you paid for it. Not a penny more or a penny less.
  • jonathon
    jonathon Posts: 748
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    yep around £700 is what we paid with the council doing it
  • i just got a quote and its coming out at £1270 for 11m2, thats 5 stones wide.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Depends on the Council.

The £152 is the cost to obtain the licence which normally involves inspecting the kerb and making sure it is acceptable. Then some Councils will only allow their contractors to carry out the work. Some people accuse the Council/Contractor of charging excessive amounts for what seems like minor works. But there is the opposite viewpoint that the drop work must comply with regs and to a certain standard.
    The man without a signature.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport