PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

PE/Shoe Bag patterns

2»

Comments

• I have just made a PE bag for my daughter with her name on it as she has just started Nursery. The material came courtesy of the lovely Squeaky :D and is nice purple and turquoise stripes (old curtains) so easy to spot and i cant imagine anyone else having a similar one.

If i can get a photo of it i will post it later as i have to say i am pretty chuffed (in fact i have made an identical one for DD2 ready for school and she is only just 2... a bit eager haha!)
    **Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened!‏**

**Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away**
  • Simba_25
    Simba_25 Posts: 329 Forumite
    What a great ldea! My lad is always loosing his bag as 2 others have the same one as him! Might see if i can get some Power Ranger fabric (his fave) and make him one

Would love to see a pic if you can get one though wanting2save

thank you!
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thank you to everyone who has given ideas. I have tried to click on everyone's "thanks" button but some of them do not seem to have worked!

So, if it doesn't show as "thanks" please don't be offended - technical hitch only!!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • Not fully read the thread so maybe duplicating. I used to make a drawstring bag and then cut out a recognisable shape (star, moon , or something else) from a scrap of material and sew on bag. Other alternative is to embroider name on in daisy stich which is very easy to do. Trace out pattern with pen first and just follow the lines!

Hope this helps.

GB
  • I made cloth bags last summer for 9 children - I used bright coloured cotton strips to make a rainbow pattern for the outside layer, then used an old plain duvet for the lining. I personalised them by putting their initials on the front. To do that I got two colours of felt, cut a nice big chunky letter out in one colour then stitched it to a rectangle of the other colour as a contrast. This was then sewn to the bag. It was finished with a drawstring. The best thing was that I made these for Christmas - all the kids presents sorted by September, and for no more than about £10 total:j

DFW nerd no = 281 (graduate)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport