£1.50 text charge?????

Comments

• I have been receiving texts from Mocon for a few months and never thought anything of it. Just spam and deleted them.

This month though I looked into it online and on this website and realised that I could be charged for receiving the texts.

I checked my Vodafone account online and sure enough I had been charged. I have rung Vodafone and got a refund from them.
    I have rung Mocon and made a stink and they are looking into it.
    I have reported them to Watchdog and made a complaint about them on the ICSTIS website (now known as Phonepayplus). Hopefully ICSTIS will look into my complaint.

I NEVER signed up with them so in my view, this is theft. They are charging me for something I didn't sign up to.

Please check your phone bills, get a refund AND complain about them.
  • I have been receiving texts from Mocon for a few months and never thought anything of it. Just spam and deleted them.

This month though I looked into it online and on this website and realised that I could be charged for receiving the texts.

I checked my Vodafone account online and sure enough I had been charged. I have rung Vodafone and got a refund from them.
    I have rung Mocon and made a stink and they are looking into it.
    I have reported them to Watchdog and made a complaint about them on the ICSTIS website (now known as Phonepayplus). Hopefully ICSTIS will look into my complaint.

I NEVER signed up with them so in my view, this is theft. They are charging me for something I didn't sign up to.

Please check your phone bills, get a refund AND complain about them.

With Text Info services the charge is passed on to you from the company sending the messages via your network. As the netowrk don't create the charge any create raised will have been a gesture of goodwill for you from the network.

If you wish to stop text info service messages you can do this by replying "STOP" to the number that sent the message.
  • SUMMER
    SUMMER Posts: 451 Forumite
    Hi wonder if someone can help im on orange pay as you go and all of a sudden realised im spending a lot of money on my phone but not using it !! ive been getting txts from this number 67222 just stupid quiz questions stuff like that ive just ignored them not thinking but now i realise its these txts thats doing it :mad: any advice ?? thanks
    Those who don't believe in magic will never find it♥
  • Short code 67222 is registered to;

Netsize UK Ltd
    0870 750 2929
    The Triangle
    5 Hammersmith Grove
    London
    W6 0LG

Contact your network to see if they have an e-mail address for you as the 08707 number will cost you 12p+ per minute landline and up to 35p depending on your network.

Just found this;

Netsize UK Ltd
    Tel: (020) 8600 0620 - Text Number
    5-17 Hammersmith Gro, W6 0LG -

Djohnsonhk wrote:
    'Does anybody know if there's a way of identifying Premium Rate Text messages when receiving them?'

If only, then we would all be safe.
    As soon as you hear the text tone on your fone, you will have been charged the £1.50 for receiving the unsolicited reverse bill text. In the real world it's fraud, in the premium rate industry it's a breach of Icstis regulations, which means sweet FA!
  • SUMMER
    your a wiz thank you sooooooooooooo much i dont even know who these people are and how they got my number ? i will get on to it and let you know thanks very much :D
  • SUMMER
    Do you think i should phone them direct on that 020 number
  • SUMMER
    its ok sussed it phoned orange told me to txt STOP to 67222 did this they txt back saying service stopped and if i wanted to win £5000 to txt back to rejoin service I DONT THINK SO thank you very much for helping Intasun32 :D
  • Hi Summer,

Sorry just got the PM.

Glad to hear that you have got yourself sorted. Did this txt come out of the blue or do you download music or ringtones etc ? This is how these cowboys get your details and send you these 'unsolicited reverse bill texts' another name for a scam.

If you don't use these services the there are still many other ways they get your details to scam you, in my case they purchased a mailing list which included my details.

The fact is they have still been stealing money off of you via the txt charges to your PAYG phone. Write to Netsize and demand a refund, you are entitled to it. Tell them that you have never subscribed to their services. They will swear you did, it's the norm, but stand your ground. Also make a complaint via the premium rate regulator, PhonePayPlus web site as what they have done breaches the regulations.
  • I am with Tesco Mobile and when you log in to the website you have the option to bar premium rate texts from being received which I have done, so no problem for me with unwanted texts stealing my credit.

My wife had this happen a couple of years ago on Virgin and she ended up losing £4.50 so she changed sim card with a new number problem solved.
  • Dickieburd wrote: »
    I am with Tesco Mobile and when you log in to the website you have the option to bar premium rate texts from being received which I have done, so no problem for me with unwanted texts stealing my credit.

You are very lucky, only T-Mobile will allow a bar on short codes, the means of sending PR texts, all the other networks give the excuse that cannot do it for either technical or contractual reasons. The truth being that that can earn up to 35% of the charge for the PR texts.

If I am not mistaken Tesco Mobile use o2 network, as an o2 customer I was told that the network set up would not allow a bar, see what I mean!!!!! :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure