Trying for a Baby Part 8

Comments

• kellykins
    kellykins Posts: 912 Forumite
    Hello...
    I'm wide awake.. waiting for my alarm to go off... I've surprised the OH and taking him to Amsterdam for his birthday .. so I'm too excited to sleep. 10 more minutes and then I can wake him up..:j

Eagily awaiting af... my cycles are usually 33 days so she should be here tomorrow... I stupidly did a test yesterday...'just to see' obviously it was negative.. I knew it would be...! We only bd once during what I thought was ovulation time.. as we werent actively trying then... so... here's to a fun weekend away..:beer:

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I'll catch I'll properly on my return.

Kelly x
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Hope dh didn't disturb you mv!

We managed operation bd & will get another in tonight.

Just another question, if I ovulate today, I have a (possibly internal) scan on Sunday, should I rearrange it? Could it interfere with anything?
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • mrshappy
    mrshappy Posts: 981 Forumite
    morning ladies, anyone know how to get FF on a windows phone? I've had a wee hunt through the apps but can't find it.
    Hope everyone has a good day, thank goodness it's Friday
  • amyloofoo
    amyloofoo Posts: 1,804 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 7 December 2012 at 9:41AM
    Right, it's been a while since I did an epic post, so I think it's time :rotfl:Also, since I'm in the 'wine and chocolate' zone, I took that to heart and had a large glass of rose and a box of choccies... yeah! Living the dream :o Sorry for anyone missed / any mistakes - started typing this last night before giving up half way through!

MV - Men are absolutely ridiculous, but good work for getting it sorted whilst also standing your ground. Glad it all worked out for the best and had a little lol at my image of your OH trying to negotiate the sofa bed whilst p!ssed :rotfl:

P.S. I loooove chilli as comfort food when it's cold, save me some ;)

Becca -
    Happy, happy, happy Birthday... or as my autistic (and often quite gross) friend chooses to phrase it 'happy womb evacuation day' :rotfl: I sincerely hope you get everything you wish for when you blow out your candles :bdaycake:

Abis - Your kittycat is absolutely gorgeous :) I have been trying to persuade DH to let me have a puppy for aaaaages (he's not a cat person), and he finally relented, only to then renege on the deal :mad: If I keep seeing such cute piccies then I'm just going to adopt one and let him deal with it when he finds out :rotfl:

On a more serious note, I know these last few weeks have been hard, and would like to send you a :grouphug: and all the best wishes in the world. Oh, and congrats on the fair and the extra pennies! Hope the BDing worked out (this thread makes me feel like a right voyeur sometimes lol).

Tink - Glad you're getting help following the mc and that you think it's beneficial. I know there's still some stigma attached to seeing a counsellor, but in my experience, they're really helpful :o If it helps (and without wanting to be patronising), you appear to be 'coping' (hate that word!) really well, and your positivity has been inspirational :grouphug:

Lemon - Massive hug, we all appreciate you being here too :grouphug:

mrshappy - Great news about your OH and pleased to hear he won't need any more 'prodding and poking' :D Please keep us up to date with how things are going, and sending lots of good wishes and positive vibes your way.

time2deal - Good work on getting OH to take vitamins and for the lovely lists. Sorry to hear about the ov pain but yey for early ov and ewcm :o I'm considering taking soy in the new year to maybe help regulate my cycles a bit - but a bit scared by some people saying they got horrible headaches as I'm very prone to migraines anyway.

Nic -
    Love your ov-certainty percentages! I've not been that way about ov yet, but am about 40% sure I'm pg every month :o

Raz -
    Really hope you manage to catch your donor at the right time. Trying to work a whole extra person into your TTCing schedule must be infuriating sometimes, especially when they're a distance away and you need to stay away for a few days. I didn't really understand retrograde ejaculation so went and had a little read up - so sorry that the NHS won't offer to help with IVF :o

Zippy -
    I miss you, post more! For some reason I think of you as one of the first I 'met' on here.... not sure if it's strictly true, but it makes me happy to see your posts anyway ;)

TeamLowe -
    Sorry for CD1, :grouphug:, but great PMA list and :j for getting DH to take vitamins - good to hear that someone still has a friendly relationship with their OH on here :rotfl:You're braver than me for moving in with the 'rents though, although it's all for a good cause.

Vic - Sorry for CD1, but come join us in the wine and chocolate corner - it's good! Although I suppose it's the chocolate and chocolate corner for you, I'll have your wine ;)

Birdie - Love the 'big boys pants' comment :rotfl:

Tea Lover - Lol at 'kitten envy'... think I'm a sufferer too! My sympathies about your freezing office too, it's soooo cool here in Leeds, my face is actually this shade: :(

Pleased to hear that at least *some* work people have seen sense though, and it's always good to have more options :) Do you think you'll take them up on their offer, or would you still like to go for the other job? It sounds as though you're leaning towards staying in the other department, and the flexibility and support does sounds really good :)

thriftylass - Hooray for ewcm and hope your LO decides to stay in his own bed ;)

Miffy - Awwww, I love seeing LOs in snowsuits :) They're so cute and it reminds me of getting married in Austria... there were lots of cute little snowbunny kiddies.

Tink - Massive hugs hun :grouphug:

Elsie - Hope the POAS pays off soon and you get your 'real' positive

Vesper - Sending my very best and most sparkly thoughts your way for your Christmas wish

Mrs_T_M - Hi and welcome to the thread! Hope you get your BFP really soon, it's been too long since we had one on this thread :grouphug:

Kelly - Hope you and your OH have a great time in Amsterdam, what a lovely birthday present! It's such a beautiful city, DH and I went there earlier this year and I absolutely loved it :beer:

AFM - Little sis dropped my nephew off for a few hours yesterday, but neglected to warn me that he's now started crawling... :eek: You can't avert your gaze for even a second now! He's also started saying 'dadda' a LOT so I tried to teach him to say me-me (which is how little sis started saying Amy lol)... I would like to report that this was successful but it soooo wasn't! After he went home I cooked DH a lush meal as he's working about 70 hours this week :eek: and has looked like he's ready to sleep whilst standing when he gets home - poor thing.

AF this month has been ridiculously light and brief, really not a lot more than spotting and now gone again. I suppose I shouldn't complain as I usually have hideous bleeds, but what is going on with my cycles???
  • Wow Amy that is an epic post! Respect! x ;)

Well OH did wake me last night, but it was more because I'm the worlds lightest sleeper and even with my ear plugs in I 'sensed' him ascending the stairs! :rotfl:

Abis and Miffy - hope you both managed to get some bonkidge in last night!

Well tonight is my first xmas party at my company and it is fancy dress, so I have cobbled together a Mortiia Addams outfit, based largely on my old goth wardrobe! :rotfl:

It's at a big manor house in Surrey so I'll be away tonight, I have to say it'll be quite nice to hand over the reigns to OH for a night..Daddy Day Care here we come!

Wish I wasn't so full of snot and cold though :(

Hope everyone has a good day x
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Welcome Mrs TM! :wave:

The job offer sounds perfect Tea, really happy for you! :T

T2D, where are you from originally? Any other imports on here?! :)

I know it's silly but I always giggle when people say O instead of OV... I always think they're talking about the 'Big O' :shocked: IYKWIM! :rotfl:

Well done on the craft fair Abis! :)

Have a lovely time in Amsterdam Kellykins, what a lovely surprise for your OH! :)

Great epic post Amy! :T

Have a great night out tonight MV! :) Love the costume idea!

I'm going to a Christmas jumper party tomorrow night and there's a bottle of Southern Comfort with my name on it! ;) I've made my jumper (well bought one from Primarni and decorated it) and feeling very smug seeing my friends' panicked FB statuses about how they can't find anything to wear as my jumper is pretty amazing if I may say so myself, it's got a Christmas tree on with actual lights! :xmastree:Got my nails done last night and had them decorated with a string of Christmas lights so feeling pretty festive now! :rudolf:
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • oooh a Christmas jumper competition..fab! Hope you win Birdie!

What does anyone think about drinking in the 2ww? :think:

I'm 4dpo today and have been pretty good recently at not drinking (apart from last weekend when my party-friends came over and I drank a whole bottle of wine to myself..oops!).

I really want to enjoy myself this evening. I feel I deserve it after the last few months. I'm obviously not planning on getting annihilated (never clever at a work party!), but I would like to have a few and get a bit merry ;)

What does everyone think?
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 December 2012 at 10:12AM
    Good morning. DS slept all the way through in his own bed :T and we managed another BD :p. Can't believe it, twice in a week (and around OV) that's a record for the last year :rotfl:.

Mentranil I have a works do tonight too and will have only have a couple of glasses of wine, just to merry but not pished (I'm the new one anyway so never a good idea:) .
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    I drink in the 2ww MV. See no point in cutting it out TBH as the baby won't be affected so soon anyway. I'm not a heavy drinker anyway so I figure a few drinks once or twice during the 2ww isn't going to be a problem and I got bored while ago of behaving myself all the time 'just in case'. :p Now I look at it like I might as well enjoy everything I like before my body is taken over and I'm not allowed to spend my evenings supping champagne and eating pate! (Not that we're rich enough to do that often!) ;)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • Morning Ladies,

Amy - Think you might need a rest after that epic post:p

T2D - Thanks once more for the brilliant list. Good luck with the results (today, I think). I shouldn't try to just remember stuff, should take notes:p

Becca - Hope you had a wonderful day. Many Happy Returns.

Birdie - 'Any other imports on here?' - Not me but my OH is a sexy Dutch man:D I love his Dutch accent and I go all fluttery when he takes to me in Dutch:rotfl:

MV - Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tinks - I hope you find the therapy helpful. Much Love to You x.

Kelly - Enjoy Amsterdam. I love visiting The Netherlands. It is very cold and icy there at the moment so take your woolies:rotfl:

Welcome Mrs M_T:hello:

Big Hugs to everyone in the wine and Chocolate Zone. I am sure I will be joining you shortly as had a big temp drop this morning so the witch is on her way. Not really surprised this month.
    Have my Soy all ready for next cycle. To all those who have used it what dosage did you start with 50mg or 100mg?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure