Help! screen keeps scrolling......

I'm having a problem with my laptop. The screen keeps scrolling down to the bottom of the page, whatever I'm doing - browsing internet, trying to type etc.

Sometimes it will stop if I do something new - eg go to new internet page or open up another program. But even that's difficult when the page keeps scrolling! And if I'm in a Word document and trying to edit, the cursor keeps randomly jumping down the page, so my letters come out in all the wrong places!

Anything I can do, or should I just take it straight to the repair shop? :confused:

Edit- It's a Sony Vaio laptop, 3.5 years old, Windows XP

Comments

• Skint1
    Skint1 Posts: 1,362 Forumite
    Check space bar or page down button isn't stuck.
    You can always get more with a kind word and a 2-by-4 than with just a kind word.
  • They didn't seem to be, but I've poked at each button and it now seems to be working fine. Feel a bit dim for not thinking of it myself :o My
    excuse is that I was feeling a bit dizzy after watching the constant scrolling :p

Cheers - :beer:
  • moob_2
    moob_2 Posts: 485 Forumite
    Hehehe!

I've done that before, sitting at my desk at work, and had a file ontop of the keyboard...wondering what the hell that noise was...turned out I had it resting on the space bar.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure