Hayfever sufferers! Fantastic bargain Lloyds Pharmacy- 'Medinose' + Ioniser £19.99!!

I wasn't sure whether or not to post this in 'Health and Beauty', but as it's such a great deal I thought it would be better to post it here where more people would see it. I think it qualifies as a 'Grabbit' anyway as it's a limited offer.

Last year, on another thread (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=469211), people were giving fantastic reviews about a device called a 'Medinose' for treating hayfever symptoms. At the time Lloyds Pharmacy were doing a special offer on their own version, an 'Allergy Reliever' for £14.99. The reviews for this one were equally as good as the Medinose one which retails at around £80 I think.

The offer is back, and all of Lloyds electrical items are reduced by a further 10% until 29th April, making it £13.49. As well as the Allergy Reliever, Lloyds are also selling an 'Ionising Air Purifier' (also excellent for people with allergies)- this normally retails at £19.99, but it's half-price at the moment, at £9.99, and with the 10% discount £8.99! So if you buy both products together, the total is £22.48.

There do seem to be some variations from store to store- for instance, in my local Ellesmere Port store the deal was buy both items and get £5 off, so I managed to get them for £19.99- hence my post heading. (When I first posted it I thought all stores would be the same, and I can't change the heading now. But I think it's still a good deal at £22.48!)

To find your nearest store, click here: http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/wps/portal/storelocator/

The offer is slightly confusing on the website. The products are shown at their full price initially, but when you add them to the basket by clicking 'purchase now', they show as £13.49 for the Allergy Reliever and £8.99 for the Air Purifier. Postage is £3.95 (but free when you spend £40), bringing the total for the 2 products to £26.43. Here is the website link: http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/wps/portal/products/medicalelectrical/healthandwellbeing/allergy

Hope that's useful for all you hayfever sufferers.

Comments

• mcallister1
    mcallister1 Posts: 2,198 Forumite
    Sounds great- I'd love to be off antihistamines and sprays. Thanks so much for posting this.
  • mightyj
    mightyj Posts: 124 Forumite
    thank you for that just emailed DH since he's the one who's suffering from heyfever and have Lloyds nearby his office :)
    Please dont forget to click "Thank You" button if you find my post is helpful
  • Rusty!
    Rusty! Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sounds like it's worth a go, would be nice to go through the summer without tablets and eye drops.
  • mrsv05
    mrsv05 Posts: 823 Forumite
    i bought one of these last year, however, im unable to give a thumbs up or down as i ended up not getting hayfever ! first time in many years. its on standby this year (assuming it works or im going to look silly!)
    A happy wife, and mum to 2 lovely little boys :j
  • topple
    topple Posts: 131 Forumite
    I got a real medinose off ebay for £50. I read the reviews and it seemed to be worth extra for the proper product. It has changed my life.

I have checked and people are still selling it for about that price.
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got one of the Lloyds ones for my DH last year and I can vouch for it working. It makes you look a bit like Rudolph when it's on, but it stops the sneezing. Quite amazing really.
  • harryharp
    harryharp Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    topple wrote: »
    I got a real medinose off ebay for £50. I read the reviews and it seemed to be worth extra for the proper product. It has changed my life.

I have checked and people are still selling it for about that price.
    Yes, I think you can get them for about that price from Amazon too. But the reviews I read said that the Lloyds Pharmacy ones are just as good?:confused:
  • topple
    Interesting. I never trust these copy products. How can it be as good when they are charging so little for it. Must be made in China.......
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    How can it be as good when they are charging so little for it.

Possibly because the original company had to bear the research and development costs.
  • topple
    I understand that but if people didn't think the real medinose was better their sales would have gone through the floor. They would have had to reduce the price to remain competative.

I therefore deduce that the product must be superior.

You always get what you pay for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport