HELP with NEW PPI claim NEXT DIRECTORY

Options

Comments

• Dizzydenny
    Options
    I submitted my own claim with NEXT last week and have received a letter back from NEXT saying that First Assist Insurance Services Limited are responsible for my PPI. I opened my account on the 9th Sept 1998 and only took out the PPI on the 13th December 2001. I would not have phoned them and asked for insurance. (I certainly would have remembered if I did). I was given the impression that if you had an outstanding balance this PPI would be automatically charged to your account. If you didn't want this charge then don't have an outstanding balance. Whats the idea of a store card if you have to pay it all off every month. Hence, after all this advertising for PPI claiming, I cancelled my policy with NEXT and have proceeded to claim from them. My next step is getting evidence of my agreement with them to charge me PPI years after opening my account. I am also going to write to First Assist. If any one has any more advise for me, it would greatly be appreciated. In the meantime I'll keep posting on any updates I get.
  • MACWESTIE
    Options
    i have just asked a company on my behalf to take my case on for next. Again i have had a ppi since 1992 i dont remember taking this on and wouldnt have needed it anyway as i get paid when i am off sick so i have been paying it for twenty years unnecessarily. So i genually believe i was missold. I know ignorance doesnt help but I wasnt aware what this payment was for and just thought it was interest charged on my account it was only when my husband noticed the charges and told me to cancel it again this was a nightmare and you needed a letter from god i sent letters, telephoned etc and it was never cancelled. I noticed in january that it had dissappeared from my account and when i contacted them they said they wrote to everyone and told people it was being removed from their account again do not recalling seeing any paper work on this. Its amazing that they can remove it from my account and i couldnt. Has anyone else had an positive outcome from next? e
  • balogan
    Options
    I havent claimed against Next but can anyone tell me if they have claimed against PPI sold with Life Assurance Policies?
  • balogan
    Options
    I was sold PPI on 3 life assurance policies when both my husband and myself were self employed. The PPI was obviouslu not needed and I would like to know if anyone else has had a successful claim in such circumstances. The policies were with the NatWest Bank.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I havent claimed against Next but can anyone tell me if they have claimed against PPI sold with Life Assurance Policies?

PPI isnt available on Life assurance policies. So, the answer to that would be no.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • whitecat
    whitecat Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Out of interst what claims company are you using. I would love to know if anyone has made a successful claim against next plc...would love to be kept updated on how you get on. will your claim be against next or the ppi insurance company...i would guess next?
  • Bratz55
    Options
    Has anyone made a successful reclaim for PPI against Next Directory - any positive comments??
  • Snoop1
    Options
    Bratz55 wrote: »
    Has anyone made a successful reclaim for PPI against Next Directory - any positive comments??

Was wondering exactly same thing today. Has anyone had any successful claims against Next in 2015?:question:
  • Carrie72
    Carrie72 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 April 2017 at 4:23PM
    Options
    You don’t see many stories about successful PPI claims against Next, so I wanted to let people know that I have just received an offer from them. It has taken 7 weeks after sending in my complaint to the underwriters for them to respond with an offer of £2500.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Carrie72 wrote: »
    I wanted to let people know that I have just received an offer from them.
    This thread is from 2011 and was last posted to in 2015.

Plenty of PPI refunds have been made by this seller.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure