Ross and Roberts Baliffs

If i have had a baliff trying to gain access to my property and through luck more then anything they haven't got in yet, would I be silly to meet with them and let them in my house?

Thanks
:DBank Charges won £4,800 in 2006 From LloydsTSB:D

Comments

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,539
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Completely daft. This would allow them to do a levy or Walking possession oprder and thereafter if you are one day late paying them can bring a van and are allowed to remove your belongings. They can also charge you a substantial fee for frightening the living daylights out of you - expect £100-150 for the van fee alone.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Heyman_2
    Heyman_2 Posts: 1,819 Forumite
    Don't do it. Just keep all windows shut and doors locked and speak to them through the letterbox. Don't even let them in to make a phonecall or use the loo!

Maximum they can charge you without access is about £42 for two visits.
  • I did call them to arrange a payment plan but all they do is point me to the baliff and to give him a call.

Will they pass back to the council if they can't gain access?

• Heyman wrote: »
    Don't do it. Just keep all windows shut and doors locked and speak to them through the letterbox. Don't even let them in to make a phonecall or use the loo!

Maximum they can charge you without access is about £42 for two visits.

They charged me £182 last time they visited... and they have been chasing me for months and months now.

• Sunnylooloo
    Sunnylooloo Posts: 4,295 Forumite
    Hi

try this website http://www.bailiffadviceonline.co.uk/ - it is run but a user Herbie21 or send a PM to RoberoMoir if you need some more personalised help?

sorry I am not very up on bailiffs
    The worst cliques are those which consist of one man ~ George Bernard Shaw
    Holiday Saving fund 2010 = £25.00 :DWeightLoss 2010 = +6lbs :(
    BSC 292
    June NSD 11 :TJuly NSD 15:TAugust NSD 14:TSeptember 9:T October 19:jNovember 15/11
  • hallowitch
    hallowitch Posts: 1,286
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    can you tell us what the debt is for council tax or parking ticket
    I am not an expert I am self taught i have no legal training any information I post is based on my own personal experience and information gained from other web sites

If you are in any doubt please seek legal/expert advice help
  • hallowitch wrote: »
    can you tell us what the debt is for council tax or parking ticket

It's for council tax

• RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,539
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good. That minimises the total bailiff fees to £42.50 for two visits as long as you keep them out of ther house.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    doobiesis wrote: »
    They charged me £182 last time they visited... and they have been chasing me for months and months now.

They can only charge you £24.50 for the first visit and £18 subsequent visits. If they have charged you a van fee this is ridiculous as they can only take your goods if they have a WPO or have levied and they haven't. Report them to the council for a start, they are charging illegal fees.

How many times have they been to your house? And why aren't you paying? Can't or won't? If its won't you could get into very serious trouble i.e. be sent to prison:eek: If its can't then the council must be made aware and an arrangement made. Could you let us know the situation please?
  • RAS wrote: »
    Good. That minimises the total bailiff fees to £42.50 for two visits as long as you keep them out of ther house.

I have advised the Bailiff that I'm not giving him access to my property and I then called the Council who stated that I have to let them in, and I can't set it up over the telephone. She stated that if I refuse then Ross and Roberts are sending the debt back to the council where they will apply for an arrest warrant for me!!!

Then I called the CAB and they advised I don't have to let them issue a Levvy to arrange a payment with them...

What Should I do!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family