How to change back to BT line rental from TalkTalk?

Options
paddytt
paddytt Posts: 298 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hello Moneysavers!

Regrettably, before I discovered MSE, I changed our phone line rental from BT to TalkTalk..... :embarasse (we were already on their Talk240 plan). We are now £1 per month worse off with Caller Display included, and we can't use any alternative call suppliers like Primus.

Now I want to change back just the line rental to BT - but can't find any way to do it online. Can anyone help? USwitch can't do it.....

thanks!

TT

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    0800 800 150 - just tell BT you want to switch back to them, no need to mention your intentions re CPS or 1899 etc.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    Quickest way to sign up with BT is call 0808 100 5152. and have your TT telephone account number ready when you call
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    I believe though that you can't just transfer line rental back to BT and in fact both calls and linerental will be moved back to BT. You would then have to have your calls only moved to the teleco of your choice.
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    bbb_uk wrote:
    I believe though that you can't just transfer line rental back to BT and in fact both calls and linerental will be moved back to BT. You would then have to have your calls only moved to the teleco of your choice.

Yes you would have move both your line rental and calls back to BT. Then you could CPS your calls to Primus an use 1899 etc.
    PF.
  • topherxp
    topherxp Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    if you call 0800 800 829, the number is for the BT Customer Options Team, who deal with orders to bring you back from a different telco.

Should save you some queuing and transferring.
    If saved £2710 and only spent the interest (Based on a return of 5%), you would have enough money to pay your TV Licence every year. Saving you £7452.50 over a period of 55 years, based on you buying a license from the age of 20 until your 75 at a cost of £135.50.
  • paddytt
    Options
    bbb_uk wrote:

That's OK - BUT we also have a TalkTalk mobile (for the free calls to home and friends!) which is linked to the main TT account. If we transfer, does the account get closed and the TT Mobile along with it?

thanks

TT
  • paddytt
    Options
    Just changed our telephone service back to BT from TalkTalk - no response to 5 phone calls and at least 6 emails. No response at all. It's not been a week.

In the same time, I have had 3 email from BT, very polite and helpful, they are on with the change. Hopefully more efficiently that TalkTalk!

paddytt
  • Hemel_David
    Options
    hello

im glad we found this thread

we were with tele2 , now we have had a letter telling us were now with talk talk and soon we`ll be paying our line rental to talk talk
    ???

how is this possible , all weve wanted is a cheap calls people to use whats all this about leaving BT i dont want to leave BT !

Has anyone been in the same boat and can offer some advice of what course of action to take , our go live date is 17th march !

Thanks
  • pricefighter
    pricefighter Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    Options
    hello

im glad we found this thread

we were with tele2 , now we have had a letter telling us were now with talk talk and soon we`ll be paying our line rental to talk talk
    ???

how is this possible , all weve wanted is a cheap calls people to use whats all this about leaving BT i dont want to leave BT !

Has anyone been in the same boat and can offer some advice of what course of action to take , our go live date is 17th march !

Thanks

Are you sure their not just moving your calls from Tele2 to TT. They cant move your line rental to them unless you have agreed to do this.
    PF.
  • Hemel_David
    Options
    Are you sure their not just moving your calls from Tele2 to TT. They cant move your line rental to them unless you have agreed to do this.

Hi

I thought this but in my leter from them it states

"Talk Talk Plus will soon include line rental from Talk Talk . We will let you know in advance when you can expect to be transferred to this service"

!!!!!! SOD OFF :confused:

I dont want to be `transferred` specially without my permission , i think it takes the mick , happliy going along paying tele2 little bills here and there and BT my line rental and this happens

I know people will say well ring them then , i will but i wanted advice on what i can do with my phone `situation` now and can anyone recommend where to go now ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure