Ketone Premium/Cleanse premium

Comments

• EMMAP
    EMMAP Posts: 4,746
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I reported mine lost/compromised as soon as I discovered Ketone was dodgy. Waiting for my new card now. Will know by next week if changing card details works. It should. Lots of people saying it won't help but I've yet to read anything that says someone cancelled a card and still had money debited.
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    have just been at my friends and found that she has also been stung by this .
    I suggest that you all put your complaints to the local Trading Standards, as they will compile a case against this company.
    I would also suggest that someone on here may be able to give some CAB advise.
    Don't give up and keep on arguing your case.
    I hope one of the supervisors on here will flag this up and help
    Good luck. Mooloo
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • People, the banks who are telling you they can't do anything about this are misinformed.

If you look on the financial obudsman website and search recurring payments they can cancel the payment.

So if you have asked your bank to do this and they have continued taking money out then your bank has to refund the amount. If they don't complain to the financial obudsman. They should be able to sort it. Its irellevant if its a debit card or credit card.

Also if you want to complain about them you need to go to the Advertising Standards Agency. They have already dealt with these people who operated under a different guise. For example the ASA said they could auto tick the T&Cs box which they are still doing.

So complain there and hopefully these people can be stopped.

Another thing which I'm still trying to find out is how all this stands with the distance selling regulations.

As far as I'm aware the seller needs to give a physical address of their premises. A PO box (what these people use) is not good enough. From my understanding any monies spent (including postage) is refundable.

Not sure what others make of that
  • momoyama
    momoyama Posts: 659 Forumite
    JasonHand wrote: »
    People, the banks who are telling you they can't do anything about this are misinformed.
    True

If you look on the financial obudsman website and search recurring payments they can cancel the payment.
    I suspect that this is officially true, but it's not what my bank have told me. When the money first went out and I reported it the bank told me that they would block any future payments. And then last week another payment went, not even a fortnight after the first two. Another one would have gone, too, if I'd had sufficient funds. My wife has never heard me so determined on the telephone. I'd worked an early shift in one hospital and a late shift in another so when I discovered this on getting home at around 22:45 I wasn't amused. The bank operator said they couldn't help me. So I demanded to speak to her supervisor. The supervisor couldn't help me so I demanded that they bring in someone that could, from home if need be. I cited that I've gone into work for emergencies at 03:00. That's life. It got me nowhere. Ringing back in office hours means I've got total refund plus compensation (of £15!) However that can't guarantee blocking future payments. If payments are taken then I should ring for a refund. This being the same bank that said they'd had thousands of calls about this company scamming its customers. So I've cancelled my cards and ordered new ones. Except that apparently the company can still request payment from my account!

So if you have asked your bank to do this and they have continued taking money out then your bank has to refund the amount. If they don't complain to the financial obudsman.
    I can't see the bank going to the ombudsman, someone. I might.

It's irellevant if its a debit card or credit card.
    I'm not sure that's true, although things are changing. With a credit card, it's the credit card company that buy the product and you have a debt to them. With a debit card, you buy the product. In the former they have an obligation to you, in the latter they don't.

As far as I'm aware the seller needs to give a physical address of their premises. A PO box (what these people use) is not good enough.
    I have no idea of the truth of that, but it makes sense. The bank asked us to make contact with the company to cancel the subscription (that we hadn't willingly taken.) Try contacting them. The telephone number doesn't work. The e-mail address doesn't work. The physical address and cancellation e-mail link have disappeared from the web site.
  • Decided to purchase the free trials, even checked out the paper who had reviewed the product. Paid the postage, received the item only to read on the leaflet about the terms and condition. Sent it straight back - cost me £15 for both packets as Ireland is classed as the EU. After reading reviews online phoned my credit card company who said they are well aware of this company. They have stopped any other payments from going out.

MY ADVICE if you have ordered these is to phone your bank/credit card company asap and tell the fraud department. My credit card company said even if you cancel your card they can still take payments :-(

I cannot believe that on a whim I was so stupid to order these products though from reading I understand alot of people have been caught out. I hope everyone manages to sort out their cards - good luck :-)
  • arcarc
    arcarc Posts: 2 Newbie
    I too have been caught out by a 'free trial'. The returns is a saga.... no one answers the phone, their automated email responses take 2 - 3 days to get back to you. I cancelled within 7 days of receipt of goods. They said I had to send a copy of the returns receipt from the post office to avoid being charged. I do not believe that their trading practises meet the Distance Selling Regulations. Their returns address is only a PO Box and is in Co Clare, Eire so no ideal who you are actually dealing with. Their info online and the leaflet they send with the order does not contain a returns address. It's only when you complete the cancellation request on line that they send you the address.

Please do not be tempted to fall for their offers, they are a scam company in my opinion and should be investigated.
  • EMMAP
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Just so everyone knows- I cancelled my debit card and no money was taken. I also reported the name of the company to my bank.

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • I have just placed an order and then found this thread! I got onto my bank (HSBC) and they have cancelled my debit card. What banks has anyone else cancelled with and did it prevent them taking money from you ??
  • momoyama
    momoyama Posts: 659 Forumite
    Lilyglc wrote: »
    What banks has anyone else cancelled with and did it prevent them taking money from you ??
    momyama wrote:
    I've cancelled my cards and ordered new ones... apparently the company can still request payment from my account!
    If money gets taken then I have to contact the bank who will organise a refund. I'm not impressed. Even with having no contract it seems the company can still take whatever money they want. I consider myself savvy to scams and problems with internet security but I find this frankly frightening.
  • EMMAP
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Guys, I haven't read a single comment (and believe me I've read most threads about ketone) that says that someone who has cancelled their card has then STILL had money taken. Lots of people saying 'I heard' and 'someone told me'....

As far as I'm concerned, you didn't give them your bank details, you gave them a card number. They can't process a card that has been cancelled. All I can tell you is my personal experience here. I cancelled my card and informed my bank to watch out for the company. Almost four weeks on and no money taken.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure