Bath bomb, Bath melt & Soap recipes (merged)

Comments

• lucylema
    lucylema Posts: 834 Forumite
    I would love to have a go at making some of these for christmas presents but I have no idea where to start. I try and google but I am a big challenged when it comes to searching the web.

Anyone have a recipe for them please?
    Lucylema x :j
  • 98jdougl
    98jdougl Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    I use the recipes on www.craftbits.com in the bath and body section
  • I used this recipe http://www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk/recipe_bath_bomb.htm. (Also used the craft bits one.)
    Try this website: www.bath-bomb.com. They sell kits or you can buy the ingredients seperatly. (They have recipes too.) They also sell on ebay, their seller name is estheticals. There is also a seller called Bath bomb dot biz on ebay who sells all the ingredients and moulds. I am planning to get my next lot of bath bomb stuff from them, I haven't used them before but they have a good deal on postage, so it should work out cheaper than some other sites/sellers. You can also get packaging like cello bags and ribbon from these or other sellers, to make them look nice and professional.

Bath bombs are dead easy to make, so go for it! I'm sure you'll have some lovely HM pressies in no time! :D
  • Alleycat
    Alleycat Posts: 4,599
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh, I am so glad I found this thread!! I was going to buy bath bombs from Lush as wedding favours but now I think I will make them. I am already making the bouquets, wedding cake and invites, so this will be a seriously crafty wedding!
    "I've fallen down a hole" - said in best Monty Python voice-over.
  • Alleycat, I would def recommend making your own bath bombs as favours! You could try using novelty shaped ice cube trays (like heart ones) to make mini bombs. I am going to make some heart shaped ones, I bought the ice cube trays from here http://www.clutter-non.com/ as I couldn't find any in the shops, although I think Ikea might sell them if you have one near you. I have made them in a normal ice cube tray before so I know it works ok. I just lightly greased the tray with a little almond oil, using a pastry brush so they didn't get stuck. (You might need to give the tray a few gentle taps underneath to help them out.)

Good luck with your crafty wedding!
  • Try this site it has step by step instructions in pictures http://www.instructables.com/
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • maytaurus
    maytaurus Posts: 2,115 Forumite
    edited 8 April 2010 at 3:01AM
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane[FONT=&quot] —[FONT=&quot] Marcus Aurelius[/FONT][/FONT]
  • lucylema
    lucylema Posts: 834 Forumite
    Thanks everyone for replying and I am glad this has been helpful. I shall get looking at ebay as I can pay paypal which to me isn't real money and I won't miss it.

Thanks again

I shall try and post photos of the results
    Lucylema x :j
  • Hello, does anyone here make there own and sell them? just wondering if you have to have them checked with anyone as i s'pose its a beauty product. dont really know much about it just thought it would be interesting to make and sell them along with my nappy cakes.

If anyone has got any pics of ones theyhave made would love to see them.

Thanks Kelly
    :male: 2 Beautiful Boys :male:
    :beer: Not uptomyeyes anymore thanx MSE & friends for all your help:beer:
  • anyone out there that makes their own bits?
    :male: 2 Beautiful Boys :male:
    :beer: Not uptomyeyes anymore thanx MSE & friends for all your help:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family