statatory Redundancy Pay, how long does it take?

2»

Comments

• karlosp77
    karlosp77 Posts: 17 Forumite
    McKneff wrote: »
    If you post details here about length of service and your age, someone will actually work out for you what you are entitled to, you can then compare it with the figures you have come up with.

In the mean time

1 weeks redundancy pay for each Full year of employment capped at £430 up to the age of 41 years of age. 1.5 weeks pay for any full years over the age of 41

1 weeks notice pay for each full year of employment.

Any accrued holiday pay not taken.

Hope that is of help.

Yeah thanks again Mckneff, but believe me the issue of how much im supposed to get has never really been in question!....ive worked it out over and over.
    Its always been a question of how long?.....and how the process works.
  • karlosp77
    McKneff wrote: »
    You are entitled to JSA, no reason why you should think you are going to be treated like an 18 year old.
    My 22 year old grand son is in the JC everyday looking and is desperate for work. Your generalisation re video games is uncalled for.

As Marybelle says, it will be deducted anyway.

Its important that you sign on, if you are in need of benefits in a couple or 3 years time, you wont have enough NI credits to be able to claim, the credits also go towards your state pension.

Yeah i guess what i was trying to say is, that i didnt want to be treated like somebody who doesnt look for work. I worked in a deprived city (that im not going to mention) for a long time, and i saw the way that people on benefits squandered there money (ironically in the shop i worked!)and i can only assume what the job centre staff thought of them....job centre staff have a job to do and targets to meet, i dont want somebody trying to push me into a job, just so they get a team point at the end of the week....
    also slightly beside the point, but ive been doing a little cash in hand work, which has worked out more than i would get in jsa anyway.
    Good point you made finally though, never saw it that way. interesting, thanks again for the feedback.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I hope it happens soon for you, both really, your money and a job.

I was born and bred in Newcastle in the 50's60's so I know about deprivation, but do you not think that (and this is only my opinion) that although you think people 'think badly' of dolies to coin a phrase, but does it not occur to you what people (like yourself when you were working legitimately) think of people who are doing 'fiddling' jobs, on the side, under the table, avoiding tax, NI, I am not judging, just pointing out something. (hey, I dont judge, been there done that' lol. I'm a geordie. You may think Im male, most posters do, but I'm not, I'm female, an OAP (err, a young OAP, i might add, lol) and I would do anything in the past to get by, apart from stealing, but, hey ho, not sure that I wouldnt have done that if my kids were hungry. I really do wish you the best, but you really should claim what you are entitled to.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    And, sorry, just to add, the JC staff, know exactly who the drongoes are and who arent.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • karlosp77
    Well, i appreciate what your saying.....but
    whether or not i choose to claim benefits or not, i chose my path and its not the issue here.
    Im really trying to get some input from people who have had to claim redundancy from the government/NI fund, and how long it takes and what letters ect you recieve.
    its been 6/7 weeks since the company went into liquidation and 2 months since i was made redundant. and not a word from anybody, and when you have a mortgage to pay, JSA doesnt even touch the sides...because in the governments eyes everybody with a mortgage is cash rich and doesnt require help in times of need (like housing benefit), but thats a different debate i guess.
  • I have heard of some people getting money fairly quickly but I have also heard of instances where it had taken 6 Months. No harm in ringing up to enquire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure