The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chip Shop Curry

Comments

• skintlass
    skintlass Posts: 1,326
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I think Asda do it already made up in the chiller aisle - I got some before and had over oven chips mmmmn but that was a long time ago.
    Never let your sucesses go to your head and never let your failures go to your heart.:beer:
  • Peem
    Peem Posts: 645 Forumite
    I agree with lil_me about the maykway (sp?) stuff.

It really does taste like chippie stuff (also like curry from the chinese if you can be bothered to put some onions and chicken in:D)
    "You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis
  • Hi Nels, why dont u come round to my house and ill cook u a curry!

first post - how did i do?
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    I love the Bisto one! LOL!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I love the Bisto one! LOL!
    :eek: you are the first person I've ever heard say that :eek:
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • tawnyowls
    tawnyowls Posts: 1,784
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I quite like it too. Also the Knorr one.
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    I found one that comes in a tub (it's a concentrate) from Thai's R Us. Just checked the label and it's made by Keejays Ltd. You could try contacting them to see if they have a stockest near you :) It's not yellow though but green and it's absolutely delish!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • The "Value" Tesco curry sauce is very much like the Chip Shop stuff too (unfortunately). It is I think 17p a can, it is very yellow and fairly sweet too _pale_

HTH
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    nearlyrich wrote: »
    They used to sell a little paper packet of Chip Shop Curry in the local butchers years ago, I can't remember the make but it will annoy me till it comes back to me.

Well it's been annoying me for 4 months LOL but I can finally report that I managed to get hold of the curry mix I mentioned on this thread.

It's called Dinaclass and my local butcher has hunted it down for me so I bought it today. I can't wait to see if it's as good as it used to be.;)
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I should have known that one, they make it, or used to, at a factory up here (it's a Kerry Foods product) you can get big 10kg tubs from the likes of Makro, Costco etc usually with or without the fruit in. I used to buy it for where I worked.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure